Chapter 52

Chapter 52

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

"Dad?!" That face was incredibly familiar. I had seen him for the last time when I was seven, maybe eight. A decade ago. Wow.

"Hey Lizziegirl" he smiled and spread his arms for a hug but I stood where I was.

"You disappeared from our lives. You have no right to be here" my face turned serious.

"I heard what happened. Maybe you and your sister need some place to stay" he said.

"You're ten years late. It's sisters, by the way. Mom had twins. You just left before you got to see them out of her belly. You weren't there during their whole life. There's no way I'm trusting you with them. We're at my place and we're fine"

"You are taking care of them and doing all the chores alone?" He raised a brow.

"No..." I answered truthfully even though I didn't want to tell him about Pippa. I just wanted him to leave. He had never been there for me. He was out of the house every day. I barely saw him even when he lived with us.

"Then who's helping you?"

"I don't need to tell you" I crossed my arms.

"I think you do need to tell me who's taking care of my daughters right now" he took a step closer.

"You may have had a part in their creation but they're not your daughters if you don't know them" I stood my ground.

"Elizabeth Chase Barnes. Tell. Me. Where. My. Daughters. Are"

I shrank into myself when hearing my full name.

"At home..." I answered, my voice small.

"With who?"

"With... my girlfriend..."

⚠️TW: Homophobic Behavior & Strong Language

"My daughter is a fag?!" His face turned red with anger and I could see the vein popping out on his forehead.

"Hey! That language is very offensive, dad. I'm your daughter!"

"How are you even my daughter? I did not teach you this. Now, you're going to take me to your place and I'll take the twins with me before you and your girlfriend infect them" the way he pronounced girlfriend made me want to cry. Was I really the daughter of this homophobic dirtbag??

⚠️End of TW

"Homosexuality is not a disease, dad. And it's up to them to decide who they love. If they love a girl, that's fine. If they love a boy, that's okay too. They could love a person that doesn't identify as either of those genders and it would be perfectly okay too. Love is love. No one can choose who they fall in love with" I glared at him. I wasn't going to let him take the twins. What was he even going to do with them? He didn't even know them!

"If you don't give them to me, there will be consequences, Elizabeth"

It made me sick to hear my full name come out of his lips again. He turned towards the door and before he left he said one final thing.

"Be smart, Elizabeth. I'm sure you don't want the people you love to suffer"

I didn't have time to answer, he closed the door behind him.

I turned to mom, who was still unconscious on the bed.

"Mom, please. Wake up" I cried "We need you. Dad- dad is going to do something horrible. I'm sure... But letting the twins go is definitely not an option. Who knows what he will do to them?" I sniffled.