Chapter 41

Chapter 41

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

No... I thought. This can't be happening... When? How? Why?

All those questions twirled around in my head but I didn't find any answers. I looked back at the gang. They all had the same shocked expression except Lizzie. Lizzie was biting her lip in thought while staring down at her feet.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

"Lizzie?" y/n's voice stopped my train of thoughts.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Um, yeah. Totally. It's just that... I would never imagine Amy doing that..." I replied.

Liar the voice in my head said you're such a liar, murderer, drug addict, depressed teen angsty kid...

"Stop" I whispered to myself.

They're going to find out. Your little friend got caught. Why wouldn't you? I could almost feel the smile of the imaginary voice in my head. And then they find out... They're going to make you pay...

"The young girl brutally murdered her father, claiming that her mother was being abused by him, however, Ms Hartzler never pressed charges against anyone and actually testified against her daughter, winning the trial and condemning her to spend the rest of her life behind bars" the speaker on the TV said.

"That's... unfortunate" Ava had teary eyes as she looked at the footage of the inside of Amy's cell being displayed. She was sitting in a corner with an orange suit on. She looked at the camera and then straight ahead at the void. That could very easily be me.

"The girl fled the state the crime was committed at and was reportedly seen in the following states as she made her way to where she thought she would find freedom: New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky and she was caught by a local marshall in Tennessee. Her final destination is still unknown to this moment"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Nadine had plans with friends and after a million notifications appeared on my phone about the rumors, I decided to do something about it. I took my purse with money and my phone and walked to the theatre. It was rehearsal day and the show was late tonight so Pippa would probably be at her dressing room right now.

I burst the door open.

"Hey!" Pippa was putting her corset on but she already had her skirt on.

I covered my eyes.

"Sorry, sorry. I just need to talk to you"

She finished tying up her corset and then finished her bodice, slipping a blouse on top, covering a lot of the skin that was exposed with the corset. My cheeks reddened as I looked away.

"Okay, I'm ready. What do you need?" She straightened her long skirt and pushed her hair back.

I shakingly took out my phone and went through the screenshots I had made of fan accounts, hate accounts and rumor magazines that suggested us being together.

"Oh yeah, I saw that" she turned to the vanity mirror, taking the straightening iron and slowly straightening her wavy hair.

"They're just rumors. If you don't pay attention to them they'll go away" she stopped talking when she saw the expression on my face through the mirror. She set down the iron and walked up to me. She grabbed my shoulders.