Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lizzie's POV

I was sitting on the bed with my back against the wall when Robbie groaned.

"Good morning" I said, giving him a soft kiss.

"Good morning" he yawned.

"Thanks for staying with me tonight" I said.

He looked at my face for the first time this morning and his eyes widened.

He cupped my cheeks, looking at my eyes.

"You didn't sleep tonight, did you?"

I looked down and shook my head.

"Lizzie... Don't do that please... What did you do the whole night?" he asked. He was so worried for me... It warmed my heart...

"Well..." I cleared my throat "I read a bit, I cuddled with you trying to sleep, I wrote some short stories for myself, I practiced writing multiple essays for NYU and I applied for a job" I finished the long list of things I did last night.

"Wow. Um... Did you get the job?" he asked.

I nodded.

"I'll be cooking in the kitchen of a little restaurant. I start next week" I said. I love cooking so doing it as a job could be cool.

"I'm very proud of you but you really need to sleep"

"It's okay. I just need some coffee" I brushed it off.

"Lizzie..."

I ignored him and got up. I put on a robe and started walking downstairs.

"Good morning mom"

My mom was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie. Did you sleep tonight?" She knew I didn't sleep most nights. I trust her with almost everything. I shook my head.

"Hmm... Come help me, Chef" she said. She has that nickname for me because I'm the 'cook' of the family. I smiled and joined her.

"What are we cooking?" I asked, looking around and pulling my sleeves up.

"Well, I was planning on making some eggs,bacon and sausages, maybe some waffles too" she said.

"Sounds good" I walked around the kitchen I knew so well, picking ingredients from the shelves and cupboards as I passed. I laid out everything on the counter and picked the tools I would need later.

I started preheating the pans, getting stuff ready and giving directions to my mom as Robbie came downstairs. We have to get ready for school after this. I really don't feel like going to school today but my mom would be so disappointed if I didn't go and I can't risk that...

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Ava's POV

My alarm got me out of my deep sleep. A pounding headache reminded me that I drank way too much last night. I removed the blanket that covered me and looked down only to realize that I'm wearing the same dress from last night. Wow. I didn't even bother to change. How did I even get here? What happened yesterday?

I shut my eyes and rubbed my temples trying to clear the fog that clouded my brain. Suddenly, it hit me. Y/n drove me home, I spent the whole ride smelling her sweet scent and almost falling asleep several times. I hid my face with my hands. How embarrassing. I remembered more, I... Kissed her. More than once. Oh, god, did that really happen? I mean, I like her. I really do and I don't regret the kisses. I just wish it would be in different circumstances. Preferably when I'm not drunk. But she... Did she regret it? She pulled away... God, why can't I remember more?