Chapter 51

Chapter 51

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Nadine's POV

After leaving Lizzie at home, I went to do paperwork at my new workplace. The precinct. Helping Lizzie made me realize I wanted to help people and well... people liked to tell me things so I became a consultant for the NYPD. Besides, I had a little crush on my partner, Detective Decker. I didn't want to think about it too hard though. I didn't want a relationship. I was still calling people for one night stands until a week ago... I ran out of Russian models in New York. So I started with a new pleasure. American girls.

They were almost as good. Some even better. We would meet at Nevernight and most of the times we would fuck right there. I loved it. I woke up surrounded by naked girls every morning and went to work after taking a nice shower. My life felt amazing.

I was stuck doing paperwork while The Detective went to y/n's house to investigate but the next day, I was free. I ran my fingers along the hickey I had left on the sweet spot on the girl on the right side of my bed and then I turned to kiss the girl on the other side before getting up from the bed. I put on a silk robe, covering my exposed body and headed to the hotel's bathroom to take a shower. I missed Lizzie a bit but I got over it quickly. I knew she was with Pippa and there was no one that would treat Lizzie better than her.

I got dressed in a nice black suit with a V-neck white blouse underneath the soft jacket before walking to the precinct. I had rented a room at a hotel nearby. I was on my way there when my phone rang. The screen read The Detective I smiled and picked up.

"Nadine, where are you? We have suspects to question and places to investigate" she said.

"Don't worry, Detective. I'm almost there" I heard a sigh from the other line and The Detective hung up.

"Good morning, Detective" I chirped, approaching her desk.

"Morning" she said back without lifting her eyes off the case file. It was almost frustrating how I had the opposite effect on her than the rest of the people. Everybody wanted me but she seemed... satisfied. Like she didn't need anything with me.

"Okay" she closed the case file to finally look at my face "We have three people to bring into the precinct and question. A very possible theory is that the killer did it to frame y/n y/l/n. I've had the tech team run the phone numbers and get the addresses so... any preferences?" She showed me a paper with three different addresses.

I didn't recognize the two first names but I sort of remembered Lizzie mentioning the third one. Darla Duke. Did she have two other best friends? The queen of high school or something?

"This name is familiar and I know y/n. She could have motive. Let's check her first" I suggested.

"Okay" she got up and grabbed her car keys.

"After you" I stepped aside and she rolled her eyes with a smile before walking past me to head to the parking lot.

She was on a call with her earpiece getting information about Darla during the first minutes. She hung up with a tap on the device on her ear and threw a quick glance at me, catching me looking at her.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" she joked.

"Apart from beauty? No" I teased.

She cleared her throat and focused back on the road.

"Nadine, we're at work and we barely know each other. Keep it professional please" she avoided eye contact.

I was going to answer but she got a call.