Chapter 50

Chapter 50

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

The gunshot went off and the music stopped again, but not for a happy reason this time. People started screaming and running away.

"Hold this. I'll be right back" I handed Ava the plate with my portion of cake and ran to the stage.

I grabbed the microphone.

"Everybody, calm down! Let's organize ourselves, okay? There has been just one gunshot so probably whoever did it is gone. Now, who was the victim?"

Some people took a step back and I could see the dead body on the floor. It was Damon.

"Um, o-okay. Someone, uh, Ava! Yes, you. Call 911 and let's all wait. They'll know what to do better than us"

Ava took out her phone and I sat on the edge of the stage.

The few people left in the room were silent as we listened to the tone of Ava's phone, which was on speaker.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, um, we are at *insert address of your megamansion* We were having a party when we all heard a gunshot and there's a dead person on the floor right now. Most of the people fled the party and I have no idea what to do now" Ava explained.

"You made the right decision on calling us. Stay put and no one moves until we get there. I've sent a team right now. They will arrive in the next five minutes. Try to keep anyone from touching the victim or any possible evidence. Thank you"

"Thank you" Ava hung up.

I stood on the stage again and grabbed the mic.

"You heard the police officer, you can either sit on the couch or grab some snacks. You! Over there!" I pointed at the person closest to the door "Lock the door so no one gets out without our noticing"

He did as I ordered and people started whispering among themselves while grabbing little snacks and sitting on stools, couches and chairs.

I neared the corpse laying on my carpet and pushed people away from it to have an empty space around Damon's lifeless body.

Not long after, I heard police sirens and I rushed to the door to open it for them. There was a steady knock on the door while I turned the key. I opened the door to find a woman in a gray suit with some officers behind her.

"I'm Detective Decker, I'll be in charge of this case. Care to tell me what happened?" She invited herself in and took out a notepad while I followed her in a hurried pace, trying to keep up with her.

"My name is y/n y/l/n and this is my house. We were having a birthday party for my girlfriend and there were a lot of people, um... We were having a good time until, well, a gun went off and most of the people ran away screaming but I managed to keep some of them in the house because they're, well, witnesses that could help you or something. This" I led her to where the victim's body was "this is who got shot, his name is- was Damon, I don't know the last name but he was my girlfriend's ex, she'll know more about him if you need help" I pointed towards Ava who had her eyes fixed on the victim.

The detective looked around the room and then back to the corpse to then turn her gaze at me.

"Do you have a guestlist?"

"I- I think so. I'll be right back" I rushed to the entrance and I found the list on a side table. I like to keep track of who is in my house, mostly when there's a party in it.