Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Your POV

She walked towards me and I was still looking at her, unable to breathe or make a sound. Oh my god, she is breathtaking. She sat down in front of me, took off her sunglasses and delicately placed them on the little wooden table.

"About what happened at the party and after the party... Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed I'm so sorry. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable. I can't really control my actions when I'm drunk... I don't want the mistakes I made to ruin our friendship" she said.

Here we go again... It's the second time she friendzoned me. I can't take it anymore.

"I-it was nice to see you. But I have to go home. I have a lot of homework to do"

"Okay, I understand. I'll see you on friday" she smiled at me.

I got out of Starbucks and I drove home.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I was waiting for Robbie. I put on some light makeup and I put a skirt and white shirt on, comfortable but pretty.

I heard Robbie knock on the door and I ran downstairs. I opened the door.

"Come in" I said "Do you want some water?" I asked.

"Sure" he said, with a big smile.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass to fill it with water. I brought it back to him. He was sitting on the couch. I sat next to him and handed him the glass. He took a deep breath.

"I know you. I know it's not true, you wouldn't do that but...Did you cheat on me?" I suppressed a gasp and stayed quiet. How the hell did he find out? Did that bitch Marley tell him? Oh my god. I want to kill her.

"Marley told me but it's probably a lie. I know you would never do that. I know she lied. I'm so sorry I believed her when she told me" He smiled and wrapped his arms around me but I didn't hug him back. I could just say that yes. Marley lied to him but he is a very good person and deserves to know the truth, even if that makes him hate me. He deserves someone better than me.

"Robbie- Uhmm..." I paused and swallowed the lump in my throat "I-it's true"

He stayed quiet and swallowed hard.

"So what? So what? You made a mistake. It's okay. I forgive you. I love you too much to hate you. He was the wrong guy. It's okay" He had glassy eyes.

"No Robbie" I was determined now and my expression was neutral "He wasn't the wrong guy, I'm the wrong girl. You are a great guy and you deserve someone so much better than me"

"S-sorry. I-I need to leave" his voice shook. He stood up and left. That is when I broke down. I put my forehead on the back of the couch and leaned into it hugging my knees. I cried. Not a lot though. I knew he deserved a lot more than the introvert, secretly alcoholic and drug addict cheater that I am.

My phone chimed with a reminder. Great. My new job starts today. I have the final interview in two hours. I pushed the tears back and went up to my room. I showered with music, to push the thoughts away and got dressed with pants, a shirt and a thin jacket. I needed to be comfortable and able to move easily in the kitchen.

I put some light makeup on, waterproof of course so it didn't melt with the heat in the kitchen. I practiced chopping vegetables and kitchen techniques with imaginary tools and food and practiced my answers to their questions a million times before taking my car and driving to the restaurant.