Chapter 53

Chapter 53

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I dragged my feet on the floor as I walked up the stairs to my apartment door. I turned the key and I found the twins running towards the door.

"Lizzie! Pip-" they froze when they saw me alone and looking so miserable.

"Where's Pippa?" Ashley asked.

"She, um-" I pushed my tears back "she had to go on a tiny trip with the cast to perform at DC. She'll come back soon" I lied.

"Oh, that's nice..." MK turned and headed to the bedroom with a frown, Ashley followed suit.

I took advantage of my alone moment to let all the strength I was using to convince them that I was okay go. I let myself sink into the couch. I couldn't stop replaying the sound of the gunshot and screams followed by the thump of Pippa falling onto the floor in my mind. I let out a shuddering breath and tears appeared in my eyes. I took a moment to gather myself and dried my tears before following the twins' route to the master bedroom.

I paid Olga what I owed her and waved goodbye as I practically kicked her out of the house. She was asking if everything was okay and I really didn't want to talk.

"Come on, girls. It's late. You should go to bed. Have you had dinner?" I asked the twins.

They looked at each other and nodded. They were unsure of everything without Pippa now... I couldn't blame them, I was too...

I tucked them into the bed of the guest room and went into mine to lock it and sit in a corner. It would be so easy to just take a bottle of whatever liquor was in the house and drink until I didn't feel anything again. But I didn't want to sleep. What if the hospital called with news and I was blackout drunk, therefore, unable to answer?

I took one of Pippa's shirts. It was one of her favorites. It read :The future is female. She wore it so many times during the time I had known her. I put it on and brought it close to my face to inhale her scent. With the cinnamon and blueberry smell, I felt more calm and relaxed. As if the incident had never happened. As if I had never killed anyone and I had friends I could trust. That scent took me to a fantasy world that I didn't want to leave.

I snapped out of it when my phone rang. I picked up.

"Yes?"

"Miss Barnes? Leslie told me to call you if anything at all happened, good or bad. I'm glad to tell you that Miss Soo's vitals are back to normal and her wound is healing correctly"

Tears of happiness appeared in my eyes and words got stuck in my throat and I processed this new information, good news...

"Thank you so much. I'll be there in a second"

I left a note for the twins in case they woke up and ran to the hospital. Even if it was the middle of the night and I had school the next morning, I needed to see her.

"Miss Barnes!" A voice called from the front desk as I headed to the room where I saw Pippa in last.

I turned towards the voice.

"She's in room 531 now" the receptionist told me.

"Thank you" I gave her a small smile and ran to the room she told me.

I burst into the room and found Pippa, hooked to a monitor that showed a strong and regular heartbeat. She was awake.

"Pippa..." my voice broke as I rushed to kiss her. Her lips were warm this time and they eagerly kissed back.