Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Next morning, I woke up at noon. Kate was still asleep on my lap. I carefully moved away trying not to wake her up and after putting on a robe, I went downstairs. I found a note from my parent's on the kitchen table.

Good morning sweetie!

I made you some pancakes this morning. The maple syrup, chocolate, butter or whatever you want with them in the top shelf of the fridge. Your dad and I have to go away this whole week because of work but we will be back on monday next week.There's food in the house and money in the green wooden box at the hall if you need to buy something. Call us if you need anything.

Love you!

Mom <3

I smiled at the note and heated up some pancakes before setting the table with all the possible condiments for pancakes. I ran upstairs and ripped the blanket off Kate.

"Heeeey" she groaned sleepily.

"There's pancakes downstairs" I said.

Her eyes widened and she jumped out of the bed to run downstairs.

I chuckled and followed her.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Where are your parents?" Kate asked before stuffing half a pancake in her mouth.

"They're on a business trip. I have the house to myself" I said proudly lifting my chin.

"Cool!! We should totally throw a party!"

"And then leave it all for me to clean? No" I said. Usually my whole friend group made a mess of whoever's house the party was and I was alone here so no one could help me clean.

"The whole gang will help you clean afterwards okayyy?? We've never had a party at your house and it's so big!!" Kate said.

"I'll think about it. Do you want anything to drink? Orange juice? Milk?"

"Let's just go to Starbucks after the pancakes. For now just give me a very small glass of milk please"

"Mini glass of milk, coming right up!" I said imitating a bartender while grabbing a small glass and the milk.

We finished our breakfast and got dressed with casual street clothes with very light makeup to go out. Starbucks was a bit far from my house so we took my car. I love to drive. The sensation of the car smoothly running on the road is so calming and can make me forget about everything in life. I turned on the radio where they played some mediocre music. Ten seconds into the first song I groaned and turned it off to play songs from my DVD of my favorite songs, including the newest song by Ava, Satellite.

"You listen to the same songs everyday but I have to admit that this music is such a vibe. I love it" said Kate to my content. I smiled as I parked at Starbucks' parking lot. We went in and Kate sat on a table while I waited in line to order. Some moments later my turn arrived.

"Good morning, what do you want for today?" the Starbucks employee asked.

"I would like a Grande Caramel Crunch Frappuccino and a Grande Java Chip Frappuccino with coffee please"

She tapped the screen a few times and she told me:

"That will be $12.65"

I gave her the money and after thanking her I went to the table where I handed Kate her drink.

"Thank youuu" she said, giving it a sip.

We posted a picture of our drinks in our Instagram stories tagging each other and proceeded to drink them.