Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(A/N: There is a trigger warning later in this chapter. If you want to skip it just skip until the next POV)

Robbie's POV

"My girlfriend what?" I couldn't believe it.

"I saw them. At a parking lot out of town"

"I don't believe you. How can I know that you're telling the truth?"

"You don't. You'll have to trust me on this" she said.

I stood up.

"Trust you?! Keep dreaming" I stormed out of the library. That couldn't be true... She was just making it up to get on my nerves. But was she really? Have I been a bad boyfriend? Did I do something wrong? Was I overprotective or something? The thoughts of her with someone else filled my mind.

There were still 20 minutes of lunch break left so I went to the bathroom. I splashed my face with cold water to get those thoughts out of my head. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my face. I couldn't recognize myself. My eyes were burning with anger and my knees were weakening with the thought of Lizzie cheating on me. No. She would never do that to me. Would she?

I had two choices, embrace the anger or the pain and sadness. I chose both. I clenched my fist and punched the image in the mirror staring back at me as hard as I could. The mirror shattered and I fell on my knees, crying. Crying of pain. Not the pain on my knuckles. The pain of the truth.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

Lizzie left and we continued our conversation. We finished lunch and Kate and I went to the theatre for Drama class. We found Lizzie on her chair, looking through her phone.

"Are you okay?" Kate asked.

"Yes! Stop asking me that!" Lizzie snapped and looked at us with glassy eyes.

We sat down on either side from Lizzie.

"If you don't want to tell us it's okay. But know that we're here for you" I said, hugging her. Kate joined the hug. We heard a loud crash and we all flinched. Ms Hunter ran out the door and we followed her. Robbie was being taken out of the building. His hands were bleeding and tears streamed down his face. He cried silently. Not a sound escaped his mouth.

We watched, eyes wide as the two gym teachers carried him outside. They were lifting him above the floor. It was like he didn't have the strength to walk. Lizzie ran to him but Ms Hunter catched her. Lizzie kicked and tried so hard to get out of Ms Hunter's grip. Kate and I had to help our teacher. Lizzie was crying and trying her best to make it out of our arms. Then she screamed.

"ROBBIE!" she sobbed.

Robbie looked at her, dead in the eyes. But didn't say anything. His face stayed neutral. For a moment Lizzie froze.

"What happened to you?" her voice grew quieter until it broke. Her legs shook and she would have fallen to the ground if we weren't holding her.

"M-Ms H? W-what happened?"

"I have no idea Lizzie, sorry" she looked at Kate and me. "Please make sure she doesn't move from the classroom. I'll go ask what happened" I nodded and Kate and I helped Lizzie, who was still in shock by the look Robbie gave her into the classroom.

She fell to her knees some feet away from the chair.

"Hey" I said softly "We're here, okay? We're here for you"

Kate and I stroked he back. She didn't cry. She jut sat there staring at the floor, almost as if Robbie sucked her soul out of her with that stare. I could see how broken she was inside in her eyes.