Bonus Content: The Goodbye Boy Funeral [Part 1]

"You are an absolute idiot, Alice," Annie says to me from behind me. I don't even have to look at her to know that she thought she surprised me. There is annoyance laced in her voice with a trickle of curiosity and nervousness and there, if you listen very closely, you can hear her pride.

She honestly thought she had surprised me.

But no, I had known for hours that she was trailing my trek back to Ravenswood while her brother was working. She isn't very good at what she tried to become with The A Team. But I'm very good at what I used to do and what I am doing.

Holbrook doesn't know that I left.

Left our home and it took Annie a good hour to realize that I was no longer in the house.

I am standing on a footpath leading me too the graveyard behind the church where masses of people are gathered around one single coffin.

I want to laugh and throw up.

"Alice, stop this! You promised The A Team that you wouldn't come back to Rosewood. Do you know how furious Gabriel would be when he found out what you did today? What if you get caught for godsake?! " Annie exclaims.

I keep walking towards the church.

I am wearing a large black coat with a hood and it is doing its best to not draw attention to my being. My hands are buried alive in the folds of the fabric that somehow forms a pocket.

I don't answer Annie.

She is exhausting and I have business in Rosewood that I need to attend to.

I step inside the funeral service home without taking a look behind me and I am faced with rows and rows of empty seats.

And then Wesley.

I suck in a startled breath.

There is a large picture of Wesley on a stand at the front of the service and my heart almost falters.

It is a painting of a beautiful boy with broken eyes but a magnificent smile because he can't seem to allow just one emotion onto his face. Each piece of his face is a different emotion and it is mosaic of every single molecule in the world and I just can't breathe that way.

I can't breathe when I look at him.

At the magnificent boy and with a not so magnificent family and a not so magnificent life.

But still a magnificent boy, nonetheless.

It takes me all my strength not to collapse to the floor.

When Wesley died, his body was given back to his... family.

Immediately.

Because someone somewhere decided that a boy who had been discarded by his family should return to them once he finally settled into death.