Chapter 85: Alison The Masterpiece

Authors Note: GERD! I FEEL LIKE SUCH A BAD PERSON FOR UPLOADING TWICE IN ONE DAY BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. I ACTUALLY LOVE ALLLLL YOUR COMMENTS SO MUCH! IT MAKES ME SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY! please please please comment! I love you all so much.

Continuation of Flashback:

Holbrook keeps a safe distance behind me. I can feel his subtle presence and his emanating concern and a slight hint of betrayl with my unforgiving confession of asking more of Alison.

And. I. Can’t. Think.

I am losing horribly in this game of knowing everything about Alison.

It has never been this bad. My method always worked and I always ended up knowing the people I tormented like the back of my hand.

Why wasn’t it working this time?

Oh God, Alison was perfect though. This was unfair. She was everything I could’ve asked for. I had aimed so highly with all my games but never had they come close to Alison.

Alison was my masterpiece.

Alison the masterpiece.

But oh how she infuriated me.

And I almost forget that Holbrook is following me when he says

“I’ve lived too long on the sidelines of this.”

And I hear his footsteps so clearly I almost jump. But the thing is, they are no longer moving towards me, but away from me.

Something drops in my heart.

An ice cold coin drops into the pit of my belly and rakes at my inside because it takes approximately ten seconds for my blood to run cold.

I am turning around to face his back. To face him while he walks away from me so firmly.

With a purpose.

The same purpose he had weeks ago when I found him at the door asking me why I was still hanging out with Alison. When he got in his car to drive to her but never went because of my earsplitting screams and my bleeding hands from banging on the side of his car, begging him not to go.

And now he is running.

And I think I am screaming for him to stop and I can almost hear his shattered puffs of breath and Gabriel knows that if he does this. This will be the end.