Chapter 51: There Is No A In Forgiveness

Wesley fell asleep in my bed. I think it’s the first time he has fallen a sleep without me nearby because as soon as his head is in his dreams I am out of the window and walking in the woods.

My feet are taking me somewhere and I know very well where they are going because a few moments later I’m standing outside a cabin.

I have no sense of time.

Not since being pummelled to death.

What’s wrong with me?

I don’t knock, I just punch in the code “B26” and walk straight in like I own the place. Like I own every inch of the land.

Ezra doesn’t think so because he is just sitting on the couch, drinking a cup of coffee with his latest manuscript of his novel and staring at me,

“So, did you figure it out yet?” I say.

He is just staring at me like he has no clue what I’m talking about but I know he is smarter than that. I know that he has etched me into his crime book just as he did with Alison. But unlike Alison, he knows nothing about me.

“Alice? “ He says, shocked. “What are you doing here?”

I make myself comfy on the other couch and lie down. “So,” I say, “Has Aria found out yet because out of all the people you are the worst at hiding stuff?”

He stares. His face just clicks and he understands that I know what he knows.

He does a much better at handling my revelation than I did with Holbrooks.

“Alice!” He says with panic. “Have you told her? Because if you-“

I groan and chuck one of the couch cushions at his face. It hits the coffee in his hands making it spill down the front of his shirt. He curses and I give him a thumbs up.

“Now think Ezra, why would I ever tell Aria? If I wanted the friendship of all the liars, why would I give you away? It would just give me away by association and we can’t have that, can we?’

He is staring at me like I’ve cracked the worlds biggest shit, but I’m too tired to smile and every single sentence I say or think is just getting longer and longer and I can’t find my full stops until whoa there it is. There it is.

He sighs and then sifts his hand through his hair and grumbles, “I should’ve guessed.”

I smile a wicked smile, “Finally. I thought you were better than me having to tell you.”

“I still don’t understand,” He sighs. He is frustrated. But he knows my character so he has to know how capable I am.

“I am surprised Fitz,” I say. “I really thought you would’ve guessed by now. You’ve been doing amazing by yourself writing that damn horrible novel, but missing this? That’s pretty bad. We were Ravenswood buddies and you still don’t have a clue. And before you get your panties in a knot: I am not part of the A team. Never was and Never will be. I have nothing on your dear Aria.”