Chapter 75: Whom Alice Loves

I wake up in the middle of night on the couch like I have just woken up from the ice age. My back is shooting pains and my hair has matted from all the tossing over.

Only I pause.

Because 2 metres, to my left side, Wesley Fitzgerald is sleeping on the floor while Gabriel is sleeping 2 metres to the right.

Stupid boys.

If you were going to sleep on the floor one of you could have at least let me have their bed so I wouldn’t have this matted hair, headache and broken back to deal with.

I stand up, and slowly climb over them sleeping angels.

Only one of them isn’t asleep and grabs my ankle.

I nearly scream but Wesley covers my mouth before that can happen. I look down at him wildly and he presses a finger to my mouth to keep me silent, his eyes flicking towards Holbrook to see if he was asleep.

I look. He is still asleep and sound. That boy slept like a log.

I slowly slither myself to the floor so I am sitting next to Wesley. Once I’m down, he smiles at me.

“You are the worst,” I cross my arms grumpily.

He cocks an eyebrow, “What did I do this time?”

“You nearly scared shit out of me and you have a big mouth,” I said back.

He smiled playfully, “Well it’s true. We do sleep together.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Just don’t say anything to anger him, okay?”  I whispered to Wesley.

Like what,” Wesley said, his eyes mischievous. “That I would like to bend you backwards and kiss you till the world ends?”

I shivered and gave him a stern look.

He grinned at me and leaned in to peck a kiss on my forehead. I gave him a weak smile.

And then, out of nowhere, Holbrook says, “I heard that.”

I jump so hard that I fall over and smack my head on the floor.

**

“You are such an idiot,” Holbrook said, shaking his head as he holds an icepack to my face.

I groaned, “Why do all these things happen to me?”

Wesley is chuckling in the corner, “Alice, I don’t even know how you managed to do that.”

I give him the look that says, “You better watch out before I smash your head through the floor,” and then he’s of hysterically laughing and I’m crossing my arms grumpily.

But Holbrook isn’t laughing.

I sigh and place a hand on his shoulder. “I’m fine. I’ve scraped up more injuries then this. I was pushed off a roof, escaped a burning apartment and got beaten up by Jason. I’m magnetic for injuries.”

Holbrook’s eyes widened, “You got pushed off a roof?”

I’m just about to tell him when I realise who actually did put me off that roof to fall in front of the police station.

“What?” I laughed too loudly. “Did I say push, I meant I Jumped off a roof. Yup, that’s right I jumped off a roof.”

Holbrook is looking at me worried and like he doesn’t by it. And then he does that thing where he gives me the look that makes my knees buckle. The look he gives when he wants me to spill the beans or succumb to him. This is how we mostly didn’t have fights. Because he pulled that look and I gave away.

“Arg,” I sighed. “Your sister pushed me off that roof.”

“She what?” Holbrook looked at me shocked. Out of the corner of my eye, Wesley wasn’t laughing anymore.

“But,” I said, “It’s all in the past now so just forget about it. She’s starting a new life and it would be cruel to bring that up.”

Holbrook kind of stares into space and moves towards the fridge. Once Holbrooks out the way, Wesley moves towards me with a small smile on his face.

“I got something for you,” Wesley said.

Then he reached behind him and pulled something out of his pocket, A square shaped box, which he handed to me.

“Open it,” he said with a smile on his face.

I raised an eyebrow at him and pulled at the bow. The packaging came away to reveal The Neighbourhood album. I stared at him, and then back to the album, and then back to him. And then I screamed.

Holbrook started yelling if I was okay. But I just couldn’t. I couldn’t even respond because I was fangirling major time.

I jumped up and down and Wesley was full on grinning and Holbrook was half frightened and half confused and I was just dead.

I waved the neighbourhood album in the air and kissed it. Holbrook is standing in the corner with his arms crossed and Wesley is watching me amusedly.

And then I realise. You know what I like just as much as The Neighbourhood?

Sleep.

So I say goodnight to both of them enthusiastically and go to the couch to snuggle with my one and only neighbourhood album.

My love.