Chapter 34: He Always Makes An Entrance

“Coffee? Tea?”

I shook my head politely.

I sat in a room of just one table and one fake wall. The elephant officer was chosen to reveal that disastrous event of my home burning down while the other one sat behind the fake wall eating a turkey sandwich.

This wasn’t an interrogation.

“I don’t think I can bear to eat or drink. I’m sorry Officer-“ I replied back but was cut off.

“It’s Officer Reynolds.”

I raised an eyebrow to myself. I never knew Garett Reynolds had a brother. How disappointed was I of myself.

“Anyway, we were hoping you had any ideas on who would have done the deed? Perhaps an angry classmate? Or a worker?”

I fidgeted with my hands, conveying to the Officer of my discomfort. “No. I cannot think of one person who would’ve done this. Not to me. Never.”

Actually, I could think of about a thousand who would.

“Is there any reason you are living by yourself, Ms Fiend. The buildings records state your age to be of eighteen? Is that correct,”

I nodded. But before I could even respond, the door swung open and some officers gestured at my questioning officer to come out.

“Would you excuse me?” He said before pulling back his chair. “I’ll be back in a moment.”

I nodded in a fake sad hysteria but didn’t bother watching him go. Instead, I stared at my hands. The scrapes weren’t that obvious anymore but the bones still hurt within me.

The door opened and closed and I was still staring at my hands, not bothering with the world.

“Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions, Ms Fiend?”

I froze.

My veins were freezing.

Gabriel Holbrooks voice could freeze my veins over and over again.

“Why would I mind? Please do go on.”

His eyes were solid. A slate, his face was. A slate wiped of all emotions and that seemed to make it ten times worse. That I was the only one who found it difficult to control my emotions.

“First of all, I am sorry for your loss, Miss..Fiend. I’m sure we will find the culprit soon.”

I was staring through the table when I answered. “I wouldn’t doubt it Officer.”

I wouldn’t doubt you Officer Holbrook,

_____

Sorry for being away for a bit! I had a lot of important school work and I still do! This is just a short chapter but there is a VERY VERY long one coming soon.

Xx

Evilynice