Chapter 96: It Is All Your Fault

The vents were of no use now.

I sprinted through Rosewood high the way you tell someone you love them seconds before your death.

Fast. Quick. Passionately.

The door to the roof was steady, but not steady enough. I kicked the lock and the door flung open, revealing a great expanse of grey roof and a Helicopter who was just about to take off.

The Jammer was beginning to die out.

I sprinted and dove forward, latching my hands onto the metal legs of the helicopter just as it was about to take off.

God, was this a mistake.

The Helicopter rose higher as my feet were left dangling mid air, leaving the ground the way I wanted to leave my parents.

Fast. Quick. Not Passionately.

I clambered onto the side of the hovering Helicopter, getting a better grip and holding back the screams of pain that the previous fight had left me. My hair splayed out in every direction as the blades of the helicopter began to beat faster and faster.

The Helicopter was one of those who flew with open doors.

Lucky for me.

I hooked my hand onto the doorframe and hauled myself through the doorframe and into the interior of the helicopter.

Only I just didn’t know that Ezra Fitz would be the one driving the Helicopter.

I stood up just as he turned around.

“You never give up, do you?” Ezra said, he flicked his hand over the keyboard, putting the helicopter in some kind of autopilot.

“Ezra Fitz,” I smirked dryly.  “A Teacher out of the classroom is just as terrifying as a fish out of water.  Shouldn’t you be hiding away with your many books in some school classroom? You truly do have everything hidden under your sleeve. I mean, boy, who taught you to fly a Helicopter? Oh wait, of course, that horrid mother.”

My words were back.

I brushed off the dirt from my clothing. The Helicopter began to move forward without even a blink from Ezra who was facing my way. He must’ve pre-typed in the coordinates to his destination.

Now I just needed to keep him preoccupied before he realized that he was leading me to Alison himself.

I was so close.

But still so faraway to my destination.

“God, I can remember how I used to be so obsessed with you,” I almost whisper. Ezra catches interest, just like I want him to. But something deep inside of me rises to the surface as I keep speaking. A sense of pure dread and hatred. I had started this conversation as a distraction for Ezra, but now it was turning into a distraction for myself.