Chapter 94: Bullet by Boring Bullet

The coast was clear as I slid out the shaft after I pulled off the lid.

The room looked like the room I had created behind the fireplace in Ezra’s apartment building. The one that I had burnt down after seeing Holbrook.

I almost jumped up and down in excitement.

Hacking was always my favorite part.

All I had to do was hack into the security system, run a sweep scan to show me every single human in this building and their exact location. Then I guess I would head out to Alison, weaponless.

The sweep scan was nothing. Nothing compared to hacking into the FBI. But you needed skill to ghost your own location when you reveal everyone else’s.

I checked that the door was locked and then moved over to the computer table, wiping off the coffee mugs and papers while I was at it. The monitor was already running. I figured out the initial password in a second.

I was in.

The security system was the shittest thing I had ever seen.

Nothing compared to all the work I had put into my own spy lair back at the apartment.

I swore as I realized that the sweep scan wouldn’t work. This brick was ancient. I had to sweep manually. I flicked through each security camera but it was useless. At this speed, it was going to take years for me to find one human being.

I growled and reached down into my pocket and pulled out my USB. The USB I had saved from the fire at the apartment that contained all my information and programs that I used to decode and discover. I had kept it with me all this time but there was no use if you didn’t have a computer.

Now I did.

I growled and shoved in the USB.

The computer spazzed out and started to reboot, this time, with my system. It greeted me with a small beep and then began flicking through the school grid and camera system in automatic hundred download speed sweep scan.

I grinned to myself.

The screen froze.

I groaned.

The system never did this. It was always so effici-

DELETING ALL FILES

I stared at the screen in shock and then rammed my fingers into the keyboard.

Someone was hacking into my own system.

It had to be Holbrook.

God, he was probably in the computer lab doing all this.