Chapter 22: Shoot The Girl; Leave The Victims

It was then I chose to not care. Not to care that Wesley was lying on the ground bleeding somewhere while I sprinted and jumped across roof tops with briefs look behind me. My Heart hammering in my chest.

My legs gave out from underneath me as a hand wrapped around it. I raised my hands in front of me, letting my arms catch me and not my face. Then as quick as I fell I turned onto my back and shoved my feet into the attackers face.

“Oh Darling,” I laughed, “Whoever taught you that the best way to fight and win a fight was physically. More damage done if mentally hit the beast.”

Probably wasn’t so smart to stay since the attacker wrestled my arms and legs down with his own body, taking the breadth out of me.

Now I knew it was a man – a boy. The muscles that were pressed up against me couldn’t have belonged to a girl. The outline of him was to manly as well and something else.

He was wrestling me down and I was laughing like this wasn’t a serious predicament that I was in.

“Stuffing foam in your chest does not give you the identity of a woman,” I said, as his soft spongy chest pressed up against me.  Then he proceeded to wrap a choking hand around my neck and lift me up until my feet left the ground.

I squirmed. The air was leaving my lungs fast as I stared at the black face with nothing to do but try to scratch it out with my free hands. He moved slowly to the edge of the roof until there was nothing but air beneath me.

The beats that belonged to my heart were gone.

“If you kill me,” I wheezed ,” Then you’ll be caught. You’ve left to much evidence.”

He tilted his head to the side like he was laughing and then released me.

I screamed. I shot out my arms, trying to grab the edge of the roof. One of my hands managed to latch on just as foot slammed onto them and I heard my bones crack.

And Then I was gone.

Back hitting asphalt, bones spilling everywhere. The last thing I saw was a big gleaming sign next to me.

The Police Station.