Chapter 40: Kisses

“I am literally about to shoot you in the head,” Cece said as Wesley and I entered. I chucked my purse down and came to stand near Mona who was checking the connection of one of the wires. Anything to get my mind off what I was going to do.

“Have we got them tracked?”

“For days,” Holden said from the corner of the room. I gave Cece a pointed look and she rolled her eyes at me. I wanted to roll her head against the floor.

“We’ve got 3 minutes,” Cece said.

I nodded at her just as Mona made her way across the room to stand in front of me.

She smiled one of those weird and slightly scary smiles, “So, have I gained the you, the queens, acceptance?”

I raised an eyebrow, “Acceptance? Maybe. Respect? Never.”

She stared at me for a couple of moments before saying, “They’ll want you, you know.”

I stared off past her shoulder, “Well, they can come and get me. I’m not afraid of the A Team.”

“I didn’t mean it that way,” Mona said.  “ I meant they would want you as part of their team. You would be a great asset to them. Just like Spencer was for a brief moment. You’ll be better.”

I looked at her truly and said hardly, “I have no interest whasoever in allying with them. We are opposing forces.”

“Are you sure? What if they have the same ideas and motivations as you do? It would be easier to join them? Wouldn’t it?”

“I’m not a follower. If I was, I would’ve joined “The Alliance,” with Jenna, Shawna and Melissa but here I am, stuck with Holden, Wesley, Cece and you, Besides, I would rather sell my soul to the devil then join them.”

It was silent for a couple of moments once more. Then she spoke. “You think you have a soul?”

She said it in a way that made me falter. It was like she was genuinely surprised that I had said something like that. Like I could consider myself ever so slightly human for being so overly Alice.

Sometimes I would like myself to imagine Mona falling into the ice cracks of a frozen lake. Sometimes I even imagine laughing along with my Grandmother.

“I think we don’t have time,” I said abruptly and turned towards Wesley who was checking up the camera equipment. Cece was checking the monitors once again and there was less than 30 seconds on the clock.

I turned towards everyone and spoke swiftly.“We need to do this fast and all at once. We need to smother them with us and then leave them gasping for air. We need to be obvious but as soon as we are finished, we need to be gone. Vanished. Capiche? We are giving away my identity, but we are not giving away our location.”

Everyone nodded. Holdon moved himself towards the computers, standing next to Mona who was beginning to type furiously on the keyboard.

“Arm your battle stations everybody,” I raised my arms, smiled, and watched as Wesley gave me the thumbs up and the red recording light flashed on.

It was like the whole room had sucked up life. Dead. Dormant. Perhaps just silence.

So I spoke:

“I know for a long time, you thought you were in control. You play your victims the way I toy with my food. What makes us difference is that I do it every second of the day, and you do it only when you think it seems fit. Pathetic. Your flaw is, you value your identity in this game your playing. And I do not. Because hiding your face from the world just shows how really insecure you are. You may be the A Team, but we are the army. I’m Alice Fiend, that’ll be the name you’ll here on your deathbed.

Kisses.”

 ------

WOOO CHAPTER 40 MILESTONE! If you see this, comment which team you are on: "TEAM WESLEY OR TEAM HOLBROOK"