Chapter 84: Addiction

FLASHBACK TO RAVENSWOOD:

TIME: AFTER SNEAKING INTO SORORITY HOUSE AND JUST BEFORE HOLBROOK LEFT.

I wanted Alison. There was no doubt.

It started out as a game and it had always been a game. Every single person I tormented was always a game to me. It made me happy, ecstatic and flew me over the moon.

I was drowning in ecstasy.

I thought Alison was the ecstasy, but no, she was the drowning.

But what my grandmother had said about her started to eat away my head for months. There were little things that I noticed that would send me out an edge. I tried my best to catch every single move she made: but it was impossible. I would plan to collide with her in hallways of school but I would miss her by half a second. I started second guessing my abilities.

I couldn’t bear to think that the student had surpassed the teacher.

It was either I was getting weaker, which was hard to believe, or she was getting better and I was yet to catch up.

I went insane.

A kind of sanity that I hid well from Holbrook. I hope.

But I was playing my cards wrong.

I had one eye on Alison, another on her boy toy from Mrs Grunwald’s college sorority house and another on Holbrook, who wouldn’t be pleased at all.

And I tried everything. Everything to see.

“There is something you are hiding from me.” It is almost incohenrent. If you weren’t Alison, you wouldn’t hear what I said to her during the last class of the day.

She blinks at me.

“I’m giving one chance for you to tell me Allison,” I growl.

“You don’t sound so confident Alice,” Alison smirks.

“I don’t advise you to speak to me like that, right now and forever,” I threaten her.

“And I advise you to not ask me questions that I cannot answer. I would like one part of my life in which you don’t know,” Alison replies.

I am trying my best not to show my anger.

“You think you have power to advice me? I know everything about you! There is no point!” I fail.

“Then you shouldn’t be asking questions.”

Alison leaves it at that.

***

I think I am twitching when I enter Holbrook’s house. His mum and dad I know will arrive in half an hour and Annie is bound to be somewhere in her room while Holbrook is making her dinner.

I’ve been to his house too many times not to know that.

And I am right.

I enter the kitchen area and he is heating up some famous two minute noodles for his sister.

“Oh Alice, hasn’t anybody told you about knocking?” Gabe says to me without facing me. I can tell already that he sounds playful but I don’t. I don’t want to be playful I just want to know things about Alison.

Gabriel will be furious but I have to risk it.

And I think he notices something odd because he turns around to face me with a concerned eyebrow and he notices my shaken up state.

He crosses the floor in two seconds and wraps his arms around me. “What’s wrong?”

“She’s hiding something from me, Gabe, I know it,” It comes out of my mouth before I can control it.

He pulls back from the hug as his eyes harden. “I’m guessing this is Alison.”

And I kind of ignore him and keep talking, “ I need to know what it is Gabriel. I need to know what she is hiding.”

“You said you weren’t going to hang out with her again,” Holbrook says darkly with a flash of disappointment.

“I need your help,” I gasp, ignoring his statement. “You have to get me access to her phone. That is all I need. I mean once you do that for me then I can find out who that stupid guy is and everything will be solved and Alison and I can go bac-“

“There’s one problem Alice,” Holbrook says, crossing his arms. “I’m not giving you access to her phone.”

I jump back, surprised, “What? You have to.”

“No, She doesn’t need to interfere with your life anymore.”

“What?” I say, my voice is starting to rise quickly. “I’m sorry Gabriel but I don’t think I am hearing what you are saying.”

I heard what he said and I know he knows that I did. I’m giving him a second chance.

“I’m not feeding your unhealthy obsession Alice. I’m sorry,” he says silently, looking away from me.

And I am out the door.

***

If you see this, comment down below what you think about Alice. IS she insane or sane? Give me an analysis ;) This flashback will continue because it gets very exciting and then it is just continious story (hopefully) form there.