Chapter 77: I am Deranged

The next time I wakeup, it’s still not daylight.

But the thing is, if it was, I don’t think I would notice.

I am trying my very best to seem calm and not look like I’m about to collapse. Gabriel and Wesley’s conversation rings in my ears and I am going to throw up.

When I open my eyes, Wesley and Holbrook are still sleeping on the floor. I slowly get up and walk over them, aiming to head towards the bathroom, climb out the window and get out of here.

Anywhere was better than here.

If I was to find Alison before them, being with them wasn’t smart. Say we did find her together. I couldn’t overpower Wesley and Holbrook at once. If they found out that I knew, I certainly wouldn’t be able to protect her.

“Where are you going?”

It was Holbrook that said that. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. I slowly turned around to look back at him. He was sitting up from the floor and rubbing his eyes.

“To the bathroom,” I replied stiffy.

You know how I’ve always said that Gabriel Holbrook knows me well? Because he does.

He takes 2 seconds scanning my body to observe my sweaty face and my clenched fist and the look of complete fear to know and completely understand that I heard his and Wesley’s conversation. His face flashes in alarm. Then, in the next two seconds, he is off the floor and coming at me.

And so I do something I probably should have done a long time ago.

Scream and run.

“Alice!” Holbrook yells at me from behind me.

I sprint down the hallway with Holbrook chasing behind me at the speed of light.

As soon as I reach the bathroom, I slam the door closed behind me and lock it after a few seconds of trying to control my trembling hands. I lean my back against the door and turn towards the counter. Shampoo and all sorts of products are sprawled out across the counter and I reach out and sweep everything to the floor frantically.

I am deranged.

I look in the mirror and my eyes are red and my veins have started popping out and I’ve completely lost it, all over again.

When she does talk or think about her, it looks like she is going insane.

A few seconds later, Holbrook is hammering his fist on the door so loudly I can hear the wood of the door slowly cracking.

“Alice, open up!” He yells.

I am deranged.