Chapter 19: My Love

I shivered.

I moved over to the fireplace and sat down on the nearest chair. It was the colour of blood and it had an uncomfortable satin finish that made it seem more like a statement piece then a piece of furniture. 

Anything to get my mind to calm down.

“You really are off your game, Alice.”

I jumped straight out of the chair and whipped my head around the room. The voice had came out of no where and it had no face that I could see.

Then I rolled my eyes.

“Wes Fitz, get out from under my chair,” I sighed.

“Hey don’t give me that look,” he said, rolling himself out from underneath the chair and onto the wooden floor. “I didn’t let your grandmother in.”

He picked himself up and dusted away the debris that had scattered upon him while he was down there. Then he proceeded to grab my head and press onto my mouth.

I couldn’t help but smile.

Sometimes he was so silly and then other times he was a gentlemen, and when he looked the way he did I couldn’t stay mad at him for long.

“If she wasn’t your grandmother I would’ve punched her,” he said cheekly, grinning at me with his head tilted.

“I’m more worried about her punching you,” I said, smiling wider for the first time in ages.

Then he scooped me up off the chair and tucked himself into it with me on his lap.

“Oh god, How I’ve missed you,” He whispered.

Wesley Fitz whispered. 

He sounded just like Gabriel Holbrook.