Chapter 10: Always Make An Entrance

And I? What did I do to prevent Julie’s death?

Nothing.

It was satisfying to me then that someone had lost a life so unpredictably. It was almost like a treat that I could’ve seen someone’s last minutes of being alive.

There were things wrong with me.

My phone chimed in my bag.

I shook my head out of that vivid daydream and pulled my phone out of the folds of my bag.

Ezra was never my boyfriend, A. He was just a toy. You should know better.  – C

I let out a small laugh as I moved into my seat behind the whole class in the English room. I wanted full view of Aria, Hannah, Spencer, Emily and even Ezra for that matter.

With a room full of them, I could smell the secrets oozing out of their skin.

Oh come on, you adored the way he followed Ali’s every move. Don’t deny. You befriend all the psychopaths out there. – A

I sent the text back. Just as I shoved it in my bag, a hand swung out in front of my face begging for a handshake.

I jumped back just for the sake of being human, but I had saw it coming from a mile away.

Mona Vanderwall was staring at me with her manipulative eyes asking me, Alice Fiend, for a handshake. With that irritating mouth, she spoke,” You’re the new girl right? Alice? After the first few days you’ll fit in here just fine. I’m Mona.”

I shook her disgusting little hand and nodded a fake smile.

“Yeah, I know who you are,” I said, trying to smother the disgust that vibrated when I spoke. I didn’t have much luck.

She twirled her black hair around her finger and shifted foot. The bell was about to go in thirty seconds, Ezra would come in the door in the next five, and a whole another five seconds would pass until the girls walked in. I was stuck with her, for a good forty seconds.

She took the desk next to me and turned her whole boy to face me.  “How so?”

I stared straight at the board as it exactly described how I felt with her: bored, and replied. “I’m just nuts with technology. I adore it. I jumped on the computer before I came here and did some research. ”

Just like you Mona. You, and you’re A Minion ways.

Mona did one of her fake smiles and I could tell that she was laughing on the inside. Smirking. “Well, don’t believe everything the Internet says. Things are so easy to twist these days. “

The bell rang.

Five seconds later, Ezra walked in.

“Macbeth,” he turned towards the class. I tuned out and carefully watched the four girls shuffle their way into any seats they could find. Aria Montgomery had switched her legal life a way, and stared willingly at her illegal one, Ezra. Emily Fields, as usual, had a crinkled forehead. I wonder which one of her friends were going to die next. Hannah, well, what is there to say about Hannah. Really? Then came Spencer. If I had to worry about someone, it would be Spencer Hastings.

Let’s just say I knew things about Mr Hastings that very much linked in with Mr Fitz.

“-what do you think Alice?”

I looked up to see Ezra standing in front of my desk, eyes directed on me. Eyes, which I’m sure were trying to not fixiate on Aria.

He repeated the question,”What do you th-“

I cut him off. I had already heard what he had said.

“I think Macbeth is fair and foul, while it is foul and fair. “

Ezra smiled, “So you’ve read it already?”

I laughed,“Ahh no. I did once watch a school production on it though. The only thing that was foul was the kid’s grease layered hair and pungent body odour that brought down the whole gymnasium.”

Okay, okay, it wasn’t him that brought down the ceiling of the gymnasium. That award would have to go down to Alison and I. He once called her a slut and I just really didn’t see his life to be of any value back then. Unfortunately, there was the whole cast and three parents attending the show as well.

Some of the class snickered at my remark. Spencer smirked and Aria laughed underneath her hand.

“Well, thanks for the input Miss Fiend,” Ezra said, his mouth turned up in amusement.

“You won’t be saying that sooner or later,” I said underneath my breadth as he started to continue to teach.