Chapter 95: Time.

Great.

Just great.

The angle began to be to steep to hold on and I tumbled head first out of the vents and thumped on the floor. I picked myself up almost automatically and backed my self up against the opposite direction of where Holden and Lucas were standing.

“Lucas, Holden,” I gave them an acknowledging nod. “You seem to have missed me.”

My head began to throb for the fall but I pushed it aside.

Lucas just smirked, “No, we have you right where we wanted you to be.”

I narrowed my eyes. The gun that one of them had shot at the vents was tucked comfortable in their back pockets while they held two butcher knives each.

“Have you seem to forgotten you have a gun?” I raised an eyebrow towards Holden and Lucas.  “You are holding knives and surely that is not as effective.”

Good old Alice, giving hints and tips to the enemy.

Holden tilted his head and narrowed his eyes and spoke. “You and I both know guns are the cheat way. The Wesley way. Knives, however, are much better. Your mouth is like one. It carves at people’s insecurities. Of course, we can’t let you have all the fun.”

“How charming,” I hissed.

“What? No wordplay. No jabs at my heart condition on the way Lucas seems to mess up all his relationships?” Holden sneered.

I ducked as Lucas threw one of his knives that whistled past my ear and unfortunately bit some off. God, I wasn’t going to be bloody Tris from Divergent. I wasn’t a standing duck. I dove across the hallway and slammed into some of the metal lockers on the other side.

Pain richoted up my shoulder and I lay slumped against the lockers.

I tried to pick myself up, but it was too late. Lucas was standing with both of his legs to the either side of me. His face was intent on me as he whispered, “You should’ve realized that words can’t sustain someone. Not here. You should’ve learnt to fight.”

He grabbed me by my collar and dragged me up the locker, my hair lodging into places and ripping out of my scalp in the process.

I shuddered, refusing to cry out.

Effortlessly, he picked me up and threw me across the hallway until I slammed into the other lockers and pain erupted down my spine and stars burst out in front of my eyes.

From the fetal position that I laid on the floor, I saw Lucas throw Holden a look that indicated that It was his turn.

Holden walked up me simply as I tried to scramble away.