Chapter 92: The Gun Boy Is Back

Have you ever been to school after dark? It’s cold, dark and abandoned. Just like me. Probably just like you.

Who knows?

I could feel my wrists start to chafe from the plastic cuffs Cece and Mona had made sure that were attached to me.

Holbrook, Wesley and I were all restrained and I guess the guards didn’t get the memo that I didn’t want any business with Wesley and Holbrook anymore because they placed me right between them as they pushed us up the front stairs of the school.

The car drive was silent.

My mind wasn’t.

And it still wasn’t.

“I can’t believe it. You really actually believe them?” Cece began to exclaim at Mona. “This is a building. A big building. With many rooms and therefore many floors. Just burn it down. God, Alison is not worth my time.”

I chuckled to myself. Really Cece? Alison is not worth your time? You have spent more than several years tracking her. Tracking Alison is in your blood. Now, that must be worth your time.

Mona rolled her eyes, “We need to know if she is in there first.”

We finally entered the building and paused in the school hallway. Lucas and Holden, who I decided just to ignore arrived, nodded at Cece and Mona and then left almost immediately.

“Just let Alice go,” Holbrook spoke up. “She is no use to you. She knows nothing.”

His voice was all wrong and all broken. I winced without looking at him.

Mona laughed an odd dry laugh, “No. Never. She might not know her location but she knows how she thinks. Afterall, Alice did teach Alison her games. I guess it’s us that just didn’t see what Alison decided to make them into. Alice, for once in her life, is of value. Not just destroying people for fun. She is leverage. She needs to be here”

“I feel loved,” I snarled.

“Please, how desperate,” Cece laughed.

“I liked you two better when you weren’t so forward,” I snarled. “God, what are you going to do? Walk us through all the rooms in the school like a metal detector and then claw at the floor when you find out where she is? I don’t know why I thought any of you will be useful in my plan.”

“I don’t even think you have a plan,” Cece retorted.

I had nothing to say to that.

Because, if/ once I find Alison, what would I possibly do?

But the thing is, while I was managing to irritate Cece, Holbrook had moved himself slowly behind me and had started to tug at my cuffs.

They have a weak spot. I could almost hear Holbrook say it.

The cuffs slipped off.

But something didn’t make sense. Why would Holbrook release me first when he knew that I could just make a break for it? That I would definitely make a break for it.

My stomach began churning and churning as I turned around slowly.

Ah, now it makes sense.

I wasn’t the first person that Holbrook had released.

Wesley was.

And I watched as he pulled out his gun in two seconds flat and shot three guards and Cece in the head.