Chapter 41: The Girl That Never Knew

I grabbed my hair from the nape of my neck and tied it back into a pony tail with one quick knot. I was surprised at myself for being so able when my hands couldn’t stop shaking.

Wesley came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders so we were staring at each other in the bathroom mirror. I tucked my head into the nook of his elbow, snuggling up close.

“You’re tired, “Wesley said, he had a small smile on his face but it wasn’t one of those smirks that I would’ve gladly slapped off. “You did great by the way. I bet you scared them so much that their socks popped of the their feet and onto their heads.”

I smiled into his arm. “You, a by far the weirdest person I have met.”

He laughed, grabbing my arm gently and pulling me out of the bathroom and In to the bedroom. Cece and Holdon were in the next room over and Mona was hanging out in her creepy little crib two doors down.

“I can think of weirder,” He said, pulling himself onto the bed and pulling me on top of him. I mumbled something unintelligible into his arm as I snuggled against him. He muffled a laugh, his chin on the top of my head. I could feel his hands slowly graze across my hair.

It was easier to push Holbrook to the back of mind like this. Especially when I straight out lied to him.

I was never going to meet him.

I think somewhere deep inside of me I knew I couldn’t face the humiliation. I couldn’t face him out of my own decision. Imagine how easier it could’ve been if I had never met him. But Imagine how my life would be filled with nothing without him.

“Just think,” Wesley said, “A couple of weeks back I was emailing and texting you all the information there was about the liars, Alison and Cece, and now you’re here destroying hearts one at a time.”

I looked up at him to catch his sleepy smile. Then I closed my eyes. He lifted me up so my face was parallel to his. Then he kissed me, gently first, and then roughly the second time.

He rolled me over so I was under him this time. I snuggled his head into the crook of my neck and breathed in deeply.

He spoke. “So, what are you going to tell him?”

I didn’t event have to ask who he was talking about to know it was Holbrook. I sighed, “I don’t know Wes.”