Chapter 4: There's No Place Like Rosewood

PRESENT DAY:

I could smell secrets. Secrets like they were entwined in every strand of your hair. Secrets like the air you breathe. Secrets smothered in every fiber of your body. I could smell them.

After all, living with Alison before made you able to. She had taken mine, and I had taken hers. Now we were left with each other’s. Evolving in our own way. She, evolving to death, and me, evolving to Rosewood High. That’s right ladies, Rosewood High officially has a new member.

I walked up the stairs and faced Rosewood high. It was a small school compared to all the schools in Ravenswood. After all, Ravenswood has been ravishingly gallant and prosperous at every angle; I couldn’t expect so much from Rosewood High.

 Vines wrapped around the outside, trying to take control of the school but the school seemed to resist. Like the liars we desperately trying to do, only they weren’t so fortunate enough to still retain their beauty while getting strangled.

I brushed my hand along the small barrier between the brown double doors before walking in. The hallway was illuminated by the sunlight streaming in through the windows, which sat in the classrooms beside me. All eyes were on me and I wished that they weren’t. But I had expected it. After all, who came to Rosewood right?

I knew my way around Rosewood high even though I had never been to the school my self. I had memorized the map I stole and I knew how to get to administration office. When I did. I plump lady with red-rimmed glasses smiled at me.

“You’re the new girl right? Alice Fiend.”

I nodded and gave her a sweet smile as she arranged to get my timetable and school starter pack. Apparently they hadn’t done those in a while. I wonder why.

I patted my pocket, checking for the two dice I kept in there for save keeping. The A Team may have the Queen of Hearts, but I had a pocket full of chance kept cozy tight next to my lies. At least I gave my victims an option, not a verdict.

I busied myself by going over the things I was here for in my head. But then I realized it all just came down to Revenge and torment. How tragic. I could call myself “Alison”, if I wanted to. But lets face it; I knew the cards she dealt better than her. And the first step to be inconspicuous was being normal, so I couldn’t hide out in the shadows, for now.

First you have to be sweet to be sour, I thought. It was my mantra.

My phone buzzed, making me nearly jump. I flipped my IPhone out of my pocket, unlocking the series of protection codes before getting to the main message.  And boy was it interesting:

Your not supposed to be here. This wasn’t the deal.  – C