Chapter 35: Lost Woods

The door opened abruptly once again and another Officer stumbled in. He looked apologetically towards Officer Holbrook and said, “Family Emergency for Miss Fiend.”

“What? I must go.” I said in a shocked manner. I stood up as quickly as I could and walked out the door, not looking behind me at all. But that didn’t mean I couldn’t feel his eyes on the back of my head.

I walked out of the room and kept heading towards the exit, avoiding the officers that were walking around me. Then I was out the doors and into the fresh air.

I threw my back onto one of the brick walls of the building, heaving over and sweating madly.

I was. Not. Ready. To. Face. Him.

Will I ever be ready to face him?

“I guess you can call me your hero.” I looked up to face Wesley, swinging the car keys around on his index finger and raising his eyebrows at me.

He walked up to me, grabbed my arm and slowly dragged me along as I started to recollect myself. We reached the black prada and I slipped into the passenger side. He slipped into the drivers side, started the engine and backed out.

“So, you’ve been in Rosewood for a couple of days and you’ve managed to get yourself caught by the police,” he said.

“I wasn’t caught,” I said defensively. Rubbing my acheing arms. “ I set fire to the apartment.”

He laughed a small tiny laugh. “I know. I saw the smoke going up from Cece’s.”

I raised my eyebrow abruptly, “You went to Ceces?”

“Yes.”

I crossed my arms out of anger. “How much have you told her?”

“I am not disloyal towards you Alice. I am in love with you. I cannot be disloyal.” he said.

The words should have hit somewhere but I casted them aside.

“You went to her out of all people,” I said disgusted.

“Is she not our ally?”

He pulled the car on to the high way.

“If you think we ever formed allys there is something wrong with you. We have a team, a purpose, that’s all.”

“Well, at least we now have a home.”

And on that note, he drove off the high way and into a small street and down a road and straight into the parking lot of

THE LOST WOODS RESORT.