Chapter 50: Wes. Wes. Wes.

Dear Fans! Thank you so much for being with Alice this far into the story! I love you all and thank you all so much! So here is a pretty long chapter as a little present! <3 <3 <3

Xx Evilynice

____________

I am staring at him. I am staring at Wesley from the bed. He doesn’t look at me like anything is different. I think that maybe I heard him wrong but I don’t hear wrong so I just keep staring at Wesley who is just standing at the door and staring at me.

I slowly get out of bed, trying my best not to wince. Because when I show any signs of discomfort Wesley’s eyes blaze and then he goes on shooting spree’s and kills everyone and-

The world is staring at me.

Because out of all the people in the world I could have chosen to accompany me, I chose a murderer.

An it’s always been in my best interest to ignore little facts like that because that piece of paper I had found in Ezra’s stash in his family house in Ravenswood was just a piece of paper even if it had Wesley’s name and his criminal record.

It was just a slip of paper from a boy who had suffered a lonely life. A boy I could bind to me.

A boy who murdered the school’s sports captain because he was simply picked last.

Oh, it’s so easy to forget.

Easy to forget history when you’ve only ever been in the future.

I am not a murderer. Never intentional of course. I was a tormenter once. Probably still one now.

But there is Wesley and he always tells me he loves me and I can pretend that he is nothing but a simple boy.

That’s what I can do now. That’s what I tell myself.

I walk towards him and give him a weak smile. He turns soft and leans in to brush his lips across my forehead.

Then we are moving toward the kitchen, and we turn around the corner and there is a bloody body on the floor.

Jason.

His eyes are open and he is staring at the roof. But it is his arms that are tied behind his back. There is an everlasting look of fear on his face.

He died in fear.

I think Alison would be smiling right now. To know that her brother was dead.

I can feel Wesley’s fingers gently graze my hair.

He is not looking at the body and all I can think is how I didn’t hear Jason’s screams all night.