Chapter 30: A Song Of Fire

It was like the whole world had stopped and now I was just staring again. Staring straight at him as fear started to claw at my stomach.

Then slightly out of nowhere a phone started ringing. I could tell automatically that it wasn’t any of mine. If it was mine I don’t think I could even respond, nevertheless breathe.

It was a mobile phone. His mobile phone.

He slowly dropped to the floor and picked up his gun. His eyes trained on me, wiped of emotion as soon as he found out that the person behind that mask was me.

He had changed. Maybe it was me that initiated it, or maybe it was just plain old reason to grow up.

Maybe I could change. Maybe we could be-

He picked up the phone, “It’s not the best of times.” He said it automatically like that was the only thing he had trained himself to say through all these years.

“Ugh! When are you coming home? I swear if they keep you overtime once more, I’m going to march up to the police station and set their donuts on fire.”

The voice that replied through the phone was one that even age couldn’t disguise.

Annie.

The air around me started to thin and the sounds around me started to dull out to a small, insistent thud. A Heart beat. Or a heart breaking.

Did you forget how badly your hurt him? How you put a gun to his sisters head? How you shoved that gun into your heart and sobbed for hours endless after you found out that he had packed up and left. Don't you remember how you didn't eat for days? How you didn't breathe for days because you loved him and now he could never love you. He. Could. Never. Love. You.

I'm in hell.

Why couldn’t I move? Why couldn’t I slip away into oblivion or just move from the place he had locked me in? Why was i tearing myself over and over again like i did before.

“I’ll call you back okay?” Holbrook said towards his cell.

Then the line went dead.

The gun was still trained at me.

I wish one day I could do things that wouldn’t make him hate me.

The thing is, there is always a last resort for me. I have Plans for every letter of the alphabet and for every situation. So when I reached behind me to my back pocket and pulled out a box of matches, I knew what I was doing.

I knew that I was going to set my whole apartment on fire. It solved too many things. After i took the USB and he escaped all evidence would be gone. So I took a final look at the Officer and said, “Sorry,” with none of my heart.

Because he already had all of it.

***

HAHA, I FEEL SO MEAN. You were looking forward to a conversation between them right? But no, just Alice being Alice and setting stuff on fire.

But okay, I'm not that mean because you will see a really awesome conversation between them really really soon!

But oh, Annie! Why did you have to call them and remind my gal Alice of what happened to her? She would've said something if you hadn't called!

Oh well, what does everyone think?

AND, JUST WANT TO SHOUT OUT TO CHARLY192 WHO DREW ME A PICTURE FOR THE B TEAM WHICH I LOVE SO SO MUCH! IT IS ACTUALLY PERFECTION. (I'll also see if i can post it somehow!) She is also the reason why i decided to post this chapter without the amount of votes i designated!

THANK YOU TO ALL MY FANS LOVE YOU AND PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH OTHER PEOPLE