Chapter 43: Another Dilaurentous

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE 30 000 VIEWS! LOVE YOU ALL! THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET HELLA INTENSE! GET EXCITED

______

I sprinted towards the car park, pulling out my phone to call Wesley immediately. I was breaking. Utterly and completely just breaking.  It took me a couple of tries to get the number correct as every time I did my fingers would tremble frantically. But I didn’t have to because he was already standing next to his car...have an intimate conversation with Holbrook.

A few words from their conversation seemed to fly out to me.

“I swear, if you touch her,” Holbrook said.

“Oh please, Officer Holbrook. It’s been how many years?” Wesley replied, his voice with a threatening note.

No.

I didn’t need this.

I slowly moved away from them, my heart beating so hard in my chest. Sweat dripping down my back.

I turned around and left.

“Hey, Kid, It’s midnight. Shouldn’t you be gone home by now?”

I could just make out the outline of the bartender in the dim light of the restaurant. It was a little shack out west and it had taken most of night to walk out to it. I had disconnected all my location devices on my way and all I wanted to do was lie down and just cry.

This was too much.

“I’ll have some of your finest wine,” I mumbled.

The woman sighed, “Any day honey, but come back when we’re open and over 21.”

I picked myself up from the floor of the restaurant, gave the woman the finger and walked out.

How was I supposed to choose the A team for Holbrook’s sake? I wiped the sweat off my forehead and groaned. My head was pounding, my ears were bleeding and my legs hurt and It was no that I wished I hadn’t walked all the way here with no form of transport.

I pulled out my phone to call Wesley.

Perhaps I had drowned myself in my sorrows so much that I didn’t see the fist come at my face.

I gasped, stumbling back from the impact and hitting the concrete.

“You’re are pathetic. Really.”

The only thing I could think off when I looked up at Jason Dilarentous was that I had too many surprises today.

“Jason,” I gave him a weak smirk. “Punching girls is what your up to now?”

His hands were clenched into fists beside him and his head was fuming. It was bad when he lost his temper like this. He always ended up killing someone.

“You fucking bitch, “ he hissed, kicking me in the side. I winced.

“You were never intelligent with your vocab,” I said. I probably shouldn’t have because the next minute he ripped out my phone out of my pocket and smashed it on the floor.

For some reason I just couldn’t stop saying stupid things.

“So how’s it going Jason? Alison’s dead and you get all the light and glory you’ve always wanted. No longer need to be jealous of poor little Alison. Even though your parents did like her better,” I said hysterically, numb on my side from his kick. I was sprawled on the floor asking for every opportunity to get killed.

“You really want to die, don’t you,” Jason said between gritted teeth. He picked me up by the collar of my red shirt as I winced and started dragging me over to his car. The pain from falling off the roof was still burning my bones and this added heat just made it worse.

“I can’t possible believe that you have enough brain capacity to think of another way to kill someone. Haven’t you exhausted your resources by pushing Toby’s mother, Marion Cavanaugh, off the roof? Or how bout that time you sent Lyndon on Maya? But no, let’s talk about your biggest regret: Don’t you wish you could’ve killed Alison?” I was smiling into his shoulder. A small hysterical out of control smile.

Jason was going to kill me.

“You know,” I whispered into his shoulder. “I read your diary. You wrote about me all the time. Would surprise your ex girlfriend Cece if it wasn’t for the content. If you’ve always wanted to kill me why didn’t yo-“

He smashed my head into the door of the car. I began to scream out in pain but his hand wrapped around my mouth, smothering the call.

Then something started to kick inside of me.

I didn’t want this to happen. Jason was never going to get the best of me.

I began to struggle furiously, thrashing around in his arms. But he kept on bashing my head against the door It became harder and harder to hold onto consciousness.

“Oh dear Alice, don’t blank out on me. Keep your eyes open if it’s the last thing you do,” Jason said before throwing me in the back of his car and strapping me down.