Chapter 61: Broken

And I want to shrug my shoulders, but I can’t. Because I am frozen in this life I’ve chosen. And I am so done with this world. Done. Done. Done.

I hear a silent thump and Gabriel Holbrook is sitting on the curb beside my hand. He is looking at me gently and I am looking at the cold hard cement because it looks like my soul.

He slowly brushes his hand across my cheek and It comes away shiny.

I am crying.

And I think he is done with being so distant and guarded because he sighs such a devastating broken sigh and slips his hands gently around my body on the floor. Then he slowly lifts me so my body is being slowly pulled towards his. So all the space between us is gone and he is just holding me in his arms. Hugging me.

These past few weeks have made me cry silent tears in a few occasions. But not like this.

Because I break. A clean break

And I’m sobbing into Gabriel’s chest, and he is whispering comfy words and he lifts me up so he can lean his forehead against mine and slowly stroke the sides of my face with his fingers.

I think we’ve all broken.

Because I don’t understand how someone can just be bent.

____

SMALL NOTICE FROM AUTHOR: I've decided to put a list on my proflie info containing my ultimate fans for this story! Check it to see if you are on there!