Chapter 27: Every Girl Needs Her A

I rolled my eyes, “Anyway, I need some supplies. The sun is setting and It’s going to be too dark for the police force to investigate. If I can remove my trail – and obviously yours as it links to mine, we might have a better chance of staying undercover. “

“What do you want?” he replied back, his tone falling into a business manner.

I could almost see him nodding as I told him everything I wanted.

I hung around the exterior to the apartment for about a couple of minutes, watching police go in and out.

What if I go in and they’ve taken pictures already? Anything I take back to hide my identity would obviously lead back to me.

But no, they wouldn’t. This wasn’t a full-fledged investigation and most likely a neighbour had seen Wes injured and called police. The blood was still probably in drops on the floor and that is what kept them there.

I was close enough to hear a Police walking talkie go off.

How is it looking at CODE 70

I hit myself in the head and sighed.

Not only had Wes gone back to my apartment, he apparently had to smash a window to get in.

I was so going to kill him.

 I was just about to hit myself in the head again when a van rolled up beside the apartment. A man stepped out, taking out a large camera.

This wasn’t good.

I dialled in Cece’s number as fast I could. She picked up on the first ring.

“I need you to stage a distraction. As faraway as you can get from the middle of the town, “I said quickly, not even breathing. There was urgency in my voice even she recognised.

I could almost imagine her raising her eyebrow and watching me weirdly, “...Alright. Can do in about five minutes?”

“No!,” I yelled, “Now! We are about to get caught by the police forgodsake! Make it murder. Make it investigatable. “

I heard a large sigh from the other side of the phone, “Fine.”

Then she hanged up.

She doesn’t disappoint. About two seconds after the phone called had ended and the camera guys were entering the house, every walkie talkie in the district seemed to light up with noise.

CODE RED. CODE RED. ALL OFFICERS REPORT TO HEADQUATERS

I secretly smiled to myself. Finally, some good work Cece.

My phone beeped indicating a text message.

What would you do if you didn’t have me? Kisses - A