Chapter 3: Let The Games Begin

A is for Alison

B is for Betrayal

That’s what makes Alison so friendly with the letters of the alphabet. Cece likes to think that the C is for her, but not all of us can own a letter of the alphabet. And what does that make me? It’s either Alice or Alison, and there can’t be two people for A. But of course, I can’t forget the rest of Rosewoods members like Byron, Ian and Maya. Oh but then there is D for them. D is for Dead.

Like my family are. Like the pretty little liars families will be.

After the fire, Alison left Ravenswood with her family over one night. I found out the next day at school after I sneaked back into my house through the night aiming to admit to my parents the next morning that the burns I displayed were from my attempt at an early morning surprise breakfast. Only I didn’t find them there. Instead of searching, I pretended that it never happened. Because bad things happened to people that searched for answers.

Cece was searching for answers, and her family was killed. And so I befriended her, my previous sworn enemy, because we had both been dumped to fend for ourselves and we knew the answer lead to Alison, but we didn’t know how.  

Cece left. She left to find out answers in Rosewood, and I stayed behind. Because being the best friend of Alison taught me things. Taught me that barrelling in with all your armour was a waste, and so I stayed behind, receiving daily updates from a secret source. It was no secret that when Cece left, she had other plans up her sleeve, plans not involving Rosewood. Befriending her didn't mean that I would know every thing she would do, it was just an acceptance, a mutual agreement that the conclusion would result in Alison.  I knew that, because the last time I spoke to her, was six years ago. Apart from getting once a month text messages from her about the liars.

And then I got a news report from the town next door, Rosewood, which confirmed that remains of Alison Dilarentous’s body were found.

I remember laughing that day, because a couple years ago, as a child she had always told me how she wanted to desperately die young. So I told her, when she was eighteen, I would do the deed. But then she thought of a better option. What would it be like for people to think that you were dead and so you were free to do anything you want?

I had learnt that only one person could play Alison’s game at a time. And I guess it was my turn.

After all, Alison had stolen my lies, so now it was time to get back what was truly mine.

Only two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

So watch your back Alison.