Chapter 69: GrAndmother

My mood diminishes immediately and Gabe catches it as he follows my eyes towards Mrs Grunwald.

I tell Annie and Holbrook that I will be back and then purposefully storm out the shop to the front of the window.

She greets me with a “I have got to say, I like that Wesley Fitz boy much more than that one in the barbers shop.”

I greet her with a hostile look, “I thought I made it clear that I never wanted to see you again.”

She smiles a wicked smile, “I’m only looking out for you, my dear.”

“Well maybe I you looked out for your own daughter she wouldn’t be dead,” I reply back.

Apply ice to that burn.

But Mrs Grunwald’s look doesn’t even falter, “I have come to offer my services. “ Her eyes flick towards Annie through the window who is laughing gently with the barber. Boy, she could change moods fast.

“What?” I raise an eyebrow.

“She has no money, no family and she will be all alone in the middle of Ravenswood. I can offer her my place to stay,” my grandmother says.

“So what?” I retort back, “ You can watch her drown in another lake? I am done playing your games grandmother. No way in hell will she fall under your custody.”

My grandmothers eyes twitched, “Your hatred towards me will not remain forever. Even if your obsession with Alison will.”

I give her a look of death.

“I can ensure that it will,” I simply say. “I will never see you again. I hope you understand.”

Then I turn around and walk back straight into the Barbers shop without looking back.

Holbrook looks at me questioningly. I shake my head, indicating that it’s not important. Holbrook gives me the look that means he will let it go for now, but he will bring it up later.

Annie signals me to come over and show me the hairstyle picture she picked.

She was going blonde.

“What do you think?” She smiles excitedly.

I raise my eyebrows and say sarcastically, “You should just shave your whole head off.”

She rolls her eyes at me and Holbrook is laughing. Annie gives me the most grumpiest kid look ever.

I walk over to Holbrook, keeping my distance and say, “You and Annie will need to get new passports and bank details, ecetera. Can you do that?”