Chapter 60: Wishing For Hell

I am out the door. Down the street and I’m not looking back. I left my dignity back in that damned motel and I’m too distraught to run back and get it.

But all I can do is just move forward.

I can’t breath. I am dry heaving and sobbing and what happened to that tough girl?

Nothing, there was never a tough girl.

What a lie.

No wonder my mother abused me. I would abuse myself if I owned a child like me. An ungrateful whore.

Mona’s better than me. She lived through that destruction.

The world is fog. At least that’s all my eyes see. I am on the road and I know if a car manages to swerve onto this road, I wouldn’t move out the way.

Maybe this is what Alison wanted all along? For me to loathe myself. Maybe she hadn’t realised that I had always loathed myself all along.

Since they day I was born. Till the day I would die.

The ground is cold. I know because my face slams into it when I collapse on the roads curb.

Car. Car. Car.

I am wishing for a car.

I am wishing for hell because god knows I never deserved Heaven.

And it’s like my dreams come true because I can here the sound of a car speeding down the road, braking, a car door opening. But all I can see is the grey slab of curb in front of my eyes and under my face.

The car shouldn’t have stopped.

There are footsteps.

“Oh Alice.” The voice that is attached to the footsteps say.

“Why do I always find you like this?”