Chapter 86: For Better or For Worse

CONTINUATION OF FLASHBACK:

His body starts trembling out of anger and his eyes turn a shade of black I never thought he was capable up. I can feel the muscles on his back pressed up against me tense rapidly. Protectively.

I can’t avoid the shiver that runs through my body.

“How dare you? How dare you! How could you be so excessively heartless Alison?” Gabriel says.

Alison laughs a shrill laugh, “ Its not hard. You should try it.”

“You disgust me,” Holbrook says. His voice is coating itself in venom.

“You irritate me. You always have,” Alison says, smirking.  “I don’t know what you’ve done for Alice to like you so much but I have never seen you as someone who will live for long. You’re weak. Forming attachments with someone that will end up nowhere.”

“Well, I hope it gives you comfort when I say that I won’t be easily pulling out of this.. I’m not going to simply stand here and watch you destroy someone I love,” Holbrook says.

Love.

“Oh, shut up. Please, your boring me. I do what I need to do to keep myself alive,” Alison says.

“By killing others,” Holbrook says incredulously.  “Destroying them until there is nothing left of their old self?”

“As I said, I do what I need to do,” Alison said happily. A tone she would never use in front of me.

“You repulse me,” Holbrook said in complete disgust.

“Then leave.”

“I will,” Holbrook says. “Once I know that Alice and you will never communicate ever again. That you remove yourself from her life immediately and never speak to her again.”

“I can’t do that,” Alison sighed.

“Yes you can, right now,” he said. “You need to do that.”

“I enjoy her presence way too much to ever let her go,” Alison whispers, drawling out the sentence like it is her utter most desire.

Holbrook is breathing heavily and I’m sobbing behind him, trying to struggle out of his grip so I can pull him away from this fight.

I’ve always secretly known Holbrook’s unadulterated hatred towards Alison. But my only problem is that Alison’s hatred is starting to take form.

I won’t be able to stop her.

So many people that I care about will get hurt.