Chapter 53: A is For Holbrook

My phone, snuggled deep in the layers of my pocket, began to buzz and I picked it up after seeing Wes’s contact flash on the screen.

“Why did you just leave without tel-“ I started but I was cut off.

“I’m in the car out front. Can you come quick?” He said before hanging up the phone.

I sighed and texted him that I would be five minutes.

Cece was giving me a “So what?” look.

“I need to go,” I said, picking up my keys from the counter. Then I said towards Mona who was the other one of us who had experience in hacking. “Block The A team’s texts towards the liars. Make sure they don’t get any of them. Keep looking for Alison as well. She should run out of cash soon and we have her card number. We all bloody hell know she is alive and lets make the A team weak enough so she shows her face.”

Just as I was about to go to my room to change Holdon spoke up.

“Then what?”

I turned back around and raised an eyebrow.

“We kill her of course.” It was Cece who said that.

You know the moment you think that for your whole life you knew what you were aiming for. What your goal was. But when someone actually says it a loud you realise that everything about it seems wrong. Just completely wrong.

A stark realisation hits me. I don’t want Alison dead.

What are you doing, Alice? What the hell are you doing.

I paused too long. Mona was looking at me. I gave her a violent look and moved towards my bedroom.

My heart was a drum in my ears.

No, I didn’t have time to register my self discovery. I changed my clothes quickly to a simple cardigan and jeans and walked out the front door with my phone and wallet.

The Black prado was parked outside on the curve and I quickly slipped myself into the passenger seat.

As soon as my bum hit the seat the engine started at Wesley was pulling as out of the curb and on to the road.

“You took six minutes. Your timing is off,” Wesley greeted me.

I was too preoccupied staring out the window trying not to cringe at the thought of a dead Alison.

What. NO. What was wrong with me?

“Looks like you didn’t bring any breakfast. You’re off your game as well,” I said, doing a quick eye sweep of the car. At the end of my search I caught Wesley staring at me.

I gave him the two finger, “watch the road,” and he laughed.