19: Can We Crash It?

"Can We Crash It?"

*
*
*

My brother was seated in my bedroom when I entered, slightly shaken from my encounter with Levi.

The boy was dangerous.

What if he actually harmed me while I was sitting there with him?

What if I ended up kidnapped while going to school tomorrow?

"Are you okay?"  Blake asked, scrutinising me carefully.

I shook out my hair from its messy ponytail before settling on the bed beside him.

"Did dad tell you anything?"

"That the man who plagued his life before we were born, is back? Yeah, he did. That's why I decided to stop by." Blake's equally as agitated as I  am because mom told us how this man terrorised their families. My aunt Tamara was shot on her wedding day.

It's a shame that I couldn't get to see her. All because of a man.

"He's going to rot in hell." Blake squeezes my hand before we head downstairs.

It's quite lonely beside the armed guards patrolling outside the house.

A whistle distracted me from following Blake into the kitchen where he was promising to raid.

Chadz: we're coming over (4:13pm)

Rolling my eyes, I dodged walking into a pillar while heading to sit on a sofa.

hAzE: who's we?

Chadz: the crew excluding gemma and her boyfriend. they went on a date to some beach.

Detective Bradley: can we crash it? 😈

Ilovebrownies: why would you want to crash my date, you idiot.

I raise my brow slightly before sending out a response.

hAzE: why are you on your phone?

Ilovebrownies: there was a cat fight here. interesting to watch though, but ruined the moment. winny and i are coming over as well.

Chadz: winny?  that's new.

Ilovebrownies: 😙

hAzE: who's ordering food?

Detective Bradley:  why did i know you'd ask that😏

Chadz :you of course. your parents are loaded.

Rolling my eyes, I abandoned the chat and stated scrolling through the news app on my phone. A couple of the usuals, robbery, murder cases, politicians, hunger.

"Sick right?" Blake spoke from above my head.

I turned to see him holding a white ceramic bowl. "How long have you been standing there?"

He shrugged. "Long enough to know that your friends are coming over."

"Such a creep." I mumbled, stretching my neck to see what's in his bowl as he sat.

"Cereal, really now?"

Laughing, my brother put on the television while I went back to chatting with my friends.

Levi had been oddly silent.  I don't think he has responded to my messages. Maybe he's busy. Busy thinking of how to ruin my life.

What a mess.

Friends aren't what they seem to be on the surface. I wondered if my other friends are hiding dark secrets of their own, secrets that could hurt me.

Sighing, I leaned against my brother.

Levi was surely making me paranoid and suspicious of everybody.

Deep within me, there was an unsettling feeling. A feeling that something bad would happen.

My stomach churned with agitation.

Oh, Levi, what have you done?

💭💭💭

My friends arrived at past seven, Gemma dressed in a long black boubou, her hair held up with several fancy pins. She said her new boyfriend Williams couldn't make it this time.

The boys, Charlie, Chad and Winston dressed up as, well, boys. T- shirts and trousers.

Chad tackled me into a big hug and I grinned, making a face at Winston who was eyeing us closely.

Winston pulled us apart. "Alright, break it up you two, you're making the boyfriend jealous."

He's the boyfriend of course.

Chuckling, Charlie ran after Chad who had dodged into the kitchen with Gemma.

I turned to see Winston scrutinising me closely. "How are you?"

"I'm fine."

He snorted. "That's a lie, Hazel. You look terrified."

Did I really?

My fingers subconsciously reached to touch my face and I sighed, glancing downwards at my blue crocs.

"I'm just worried sick that something bad will happen."

Winston's eyes softened. He reached out for my hands, pulling them away from my face.

"Nothing bad will happen."

Well, something bad did happen because few hours later while we sat watching some movies, a call came in that my mother was in a car accident.

***

Well, well, well, things are starting to heat up. what are your theories about the accident? I'd love to hear them.

I could manage an update today, thankfully. I have a little less workload this weekend, so, I could drop another one sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for your reads and votes.

Don't forget to tell me what you think about this chapter below.