1: Let's Celebrate

BEFORE YOU READ:

I MAY NOT be able to respond to every single comment in here but I'll try to respond to as many as I can. So, I hope you don't get offended.

*
*
*

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. "

*
*
*
'Let's Celebrate'

6:00a.m

"Florence, wake up or you'll be late!" My sister Tamara yelled, barging into my room

"Florence, wake up or you'll be late!" My sister Tamara yelled, barging into my room. I groaned and turned to the other side of my bed, relishing the comfort of my furry pillow and white blanket.

"Canon ball!" She jumped on me causing me to wince in pain. For a moment, I feared I might need to make an appointment with a doctor.

"Get off me you freak!" I grunted and pushed her full weight off my body.

Tamara and I are not a bunch of crazy teenage girls, in case you're wondering. That's the way our sisterly bond was fortified. Since we were kids, we were always pulling absurd pranks on each other so I guess we got accustomed to it.

The consistently renewed bond between us is so tight that I greatly doubt that anything would come between us.

We're quite fortunate you know, because from what I've heard and seen, having siblings could be quite stressful. They could be so annoying. Although, my sister annoyed me some times by taking my stuff without telling me, she was still the best sister I could ask for.

Our dad's out of the picture. He divorced my mom a couple years back after cheating on her with her younger sister.

Ridiculous right?

But things like that happen in real life, life's not a fairytale where everything's perfect. It's not a Cinderella-meets-her-Prince-and-they-lived-happily-ever-after story, wake up, this is reality, reality sucks but you must accept the truth.

He went ahead and got married to her younger sister and then whisked her off to Canada leaving our mom who was torn apart emotionally.

As kids we were also devastated by the abrupt exit of dad, our lives became bleak, miserable, dismal, dull, add whatever adjective you want, it won't still describe how badly our lives were ruined.

Mom seeing the precipice that we were at risk of falling from, picked up the shards of her shattered life and glued them back. She built us up into resilient young women that would be capable of handling the Test of Time, whenever it comes knocking.

Presently, she runs a string of fashion stores and I wouldn't be wrong to say that we lived comfortably without dad. We were fine without him.

My sister worked in a law firm even before she finished her Masters degree in law a couple of months ago.