33: Panic

Before you read;
I've made my decision from your comments in the previous chapter, this is my story, and I'm in charge here, so its gonna go the way I want it to. I hate rushed stories, they have terrible endings and I don't want mine to end up that way, I hope you understand.

A lot of things are going to happen, good things, bad things, so keep your fingers crossed, plot twists are coming for you.

'Panic'

SECONDS STRETCHED INTO MINUTES, minutes into hours, hours into days and days into weeks and months.

The fifth month of my being at the Fashion Management School snuck up on me and I sadly packed my bags in preparation for my flight back to America.

I was unhappy about my going back to America because of the relationships I've built during my stay here; Kilani, Eric, David, Claire, Rose, Darwin, and Matt. The names you aren't familiar with are the names of my classmates, the ones who cared to be nice to me. As expected, I made some enemies, not intentionally though. Most of the students were rich kids, and I'm not stereotyping, but almost all of them were snobs.

Even though I could communicate with my newly acquired friends from home, thanks to technology, but I'll miss their physical presence.

My head shot up when my bed dipped. Kilani looked at me with teary eyes, I had to restrain myself from crying too as she wrapped her arms around me.

💭💭💭

"Hey people!" I squealed, barging into the house with my bags. I expected to see Tamara on the sofa or coming down the stairs to welcome me, but she didn't. I dropped my bags in the living room and headed to her room, it was empty, mom's was empty too.

A cascade of thoughts attacked me, and panicking, I dialed Tamara's number.

"Tam, where are you? where's mom? you said you'll be waiting for me." I babbled.

"Come over to Livingstone's hospital." she replied in a shaky voice and instantly I knew something was off.

I hung up and stormed out of the house, not forgetting to lock the door. I hailed a taxi and gave him my destination. My breathing become hitched as the taxi approached the hospital. I stumbled into the hospital leaving the bewildered driver behind.

"Mrs Amanda Steele, is she here?" I asked a nurse who regarded me like I was an abominable creature.

"Who are you to-"

"Her daughter, my name's Florence Steele." Impatiently, I shoved my Identity Card at her face and she took a peek at it, smiling when she was done.

"Go down the hall way, the third door on your right is her room."

I gave her a weak smile and walked with shaky steps to the room she directed me to. Taking a deep breath my fingers ran through my hair in a nervous fashion before I opened the door.

I gasped when my eyes landed on my mom lying on the hospital bed, she was covered in bandages, I knew underneath the hospital clothes she was wearing, there were more. There were traces of blood on the bandages at different places. I covered my mouth with my hands as tears streamed from my eyes.

Tamara turned to me with a very sad expression, her eyes were swollen from crying and her makeup was ruined too. She was seated on a low stool beside mom but she rose to her full height.

I made my way to her and hugged her tightly, my tears still racing down my eyes. I couldn't think of who would have done this to mom. Right now, looking at her on the bed, she appeared so vulnerable, mom who struggled to make sure I and Tam had all we needed, mom who read bedtime stories to us. Mom who took the place of the sick bastard I regret to call my dad. Here she was lying helplessly on a hospital bed. She was connected to an IV hanging above her, and an oxygen mask was over her nose.

A doctor came in and smiled sympathetically at us. She had a white Lab coat on and a stethoscope was hung on her neck.

"My name is Doctor Michelle." She directed her statement at me and I cleaned my teary eyes and forced a smile.

"How's our mom? What happened to her?" I demanded anxiously.

"I think we'll have that discussion in my office, come with me please."

She led the way to her office, a couple of doors away from my mom's temporary room.

After I had sat on a chair positioned close to a desk, she sat on the other side of the desk, facing me.

"Your mother is in a critical condition right now, she had a mild concussion, but a serious damage to her stomach wall. Your sister said she found her lifeless and bleeding profusely, it's a likelihood that your mom was stabbed repeatedly judging from the stab wounds I found all over her body."

Stab wound?

I nodded and bent my head, trying to let her statement assimilate into my brain. I wondered if my mom inflicted those injuries on herself, but then, my mom wouldn't do that.

"Your mom's injuries aren't self inflicted, in case you're pondering over it, someone did that to her."

..

I'm so sorry, Florence...
Who could have done that?

Anyways, my dear readers, I hope you enjoy this one. I felt a little guilty so I decided to update one more chapter.

Leave your comments and criticisms, I'll attend to all of them on Monday when I'm back.

Lots of love,
Tris.
❤❤❤❤