5: No Offense, But Your Brother Has Serious Attitude Issues

'No Offense, But Your Brother Has Serious Attitude Issues.'

I ran my fingers through my hair still infuriated by Philip's behavior earlier.

After taking a satisfying sip of water in a cup positioned on my table, I grabbed my phone from the top of my table and plugged my earphone into its slot. My anger abated after listening to a couple of songs from my phone.

"Florence, are you alright?" Alice asked stepping into my office through the door I left open.

"Yea, no." I mumbled and she let out a little laugh. She walked up to me and peered into my face making me feel uneasy.

"You're definitely not alright, I can see steam escaping from your ears." She teased and sat on a chair facing me, her fingers drawing invisible lines on my table.

"I don't know how long I can take this."

She sighed and shut her eyelids and opened them again.

"My brother's really arrogant, it's a wonder how you lasted this long." She winked.

"Is he that ba... wait, what!... Phillip's your brother?"

She nodded ecstatically and my eyes widened in wonder.

"As in your actual brother?"

"Yeah, you could never have guessed," Alice smiled and picked up a file clip from my table.

"No offense, but your brother has serious attitude issues."

She examined the file clip for a few seconds. While she busied herself with the clip, I studied her. She was nothing like her brother, she was calm, friendly and always smiling, totally approachable, no wonder we clicked on the first day.

"None taken, but he can be very sweet if he wants to be."

I scoffed at her statement.

"Oh please, that's ridiculous, Philip sweet?"

I found that difficult to believe, there's no atom of sweetness in him, he's so bitter, bitter than bile. There was no day I've seen him smile, I mean, he's always barking out instructions at everyone with a scowl on his handsome face.

So you admit he's handsome. A voice taunted me.

"You just have to be get used to his bad side to see his good side." Alice returned the file clip to its original position and tapped her fingers on my table.

No way.

"No way that's happening, no no no and no." I shook my head vigorously and she regarded me through her artificial lashes.

"We'll see about that, won't we?" She winked slyly at me before disappearing through the door.

I groaned and banged my head several times against my table.

"That.is.not.happening," I said with each bang.

There's no way I could get used to his arrogance.

Philip sent no mail to me, neither did he ask for the boring files till it was closing time. And that was really good for me.

I hurried home and whipped my heels off my feet before pushing the main door open.

"Hey Sis!" Tamara squealed and ran towards me to seize me in an embrace, she was dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top, she clutched a knife in her hands as she probably was chopping something and forgot to put it down before running towards me.

I dodged and she gave me a weird look.

"Were you planning on ripping me apart with that knife?" I pointed at the knife and she gaped at it.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." She apologized and put away the knife.

I noticed my mom's designer bag placed carelessly on the sofa and wondered why it was there. Mom always came home late at night apart from times when she had nothing much to do at work.

As if reading my thoughts, Tamara spoke up.

"Mum came back earlier, but she's at Mr John's." Mr John lives in our neighborhood. His wife, Hannah, who is mom's best friend gave birth to a baby boy a few weeks back, mom had been visiting them but recently stopped when work took most of her time.

Tamara headed to the kitchen with an empty plate.

I moved to my room and took a refreshing shower and came back to the living room to see Tamara seated on a sofa. She patted the space beside her.

"Sit... so what happened today?" She enquired when I was seated comfortably.

"I had a little misunderstanding with my boss... I don't think I can stand him any longer, his attitude is terrible." I complained and my sister regarded me for awhile.

"Aww, that's cute."

I looked at her like she was crazy and she sprang up from the sofa and sang.

"I can totally see a love story coming up." She danced, trying to pull me up but I shifted from her hands and swatted them away.

"Come on Tam, you're supposed to be on my side." I pouted and she stuck out a tongue at me.

"Of course I am." She attempted to ruffle my hair and I tilted away from her.

Mom cleared her throat as she stepped into the house.

"I don't know why I have teenagers instead of adults, grow up you two." She scolded and picked up her bag from the sofa.

"We're grown up already, see?" Tamara pointed to her boobs and I rolled my eyes.

While Tamara engaged my mom in a small talk, I seized my opportunity to grab the lollipop held in between her fingers.

"Hey!" She yelled and turned to snatch the lollipop from me. I raised it away from her, using the fact that I'm much taller than her to my advantage.

"Give it back!" She ordered and I ran to the kitchen, she followed me there, we ran around the house yelling and laughing. We ran in circles around the sofa we were seated previously.

"Give me my lollipop now!" She commanded again. Unfortunately, I caught my leg in the furniture and stumbled. Tamara tackled me to the floor and straddled me, punching me playfully.

We heard a satisfied "ah" from mom and we turned to look at her, she was tapping away on my phone.

"While you girls were at it, I took a video, I hope you don't mind."

"Mom, how could you?" I whined and wriggled away from Tamara who began reaching out to touch mom but she shrank away.

"Blackmail material..." Mom tapped her chin and hurried to her room with my phone.

"Your fault." Tamara accused and I laughed, nudging her with my elbow.

We settled on the floor and discussed far into the night till we fell asleep tangled up in the blankets I had hauled from my room.

.

.
.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the support, it really motivated me to finish this chapter.

What do you think about this chapter?

I'd love to see your comments but keep them polite.

Do check out my other stories if you don't mind.

Stay happy,

Tris.