3:

I didn't really have any topic in mind for this chapter, any ideas?

*
*
*

"Shawn, why's your room messy?" I
demanded when I saw the great disarray in my best friend's room. His large room was always disorganized each time I visited but today was the peak. Today, his clothes were strewn across the floor, totally concealing the blue and black rug I always admired. No inch of his room was bare of clothes, his boxers were hanging over the large LCD TV in his room.

After taking a survey of his room, I turned to Shawn with my hands crossed over my chest.

"What?" He pushed away the pile of clothes from his bed and sat on it.

"How do you even manage to find your books in this mess?" I demanded and moved towards his bookcase which had clothes in it too. I tripped over something concealed by his clothes and fell to the floor.

"Are you okay?"

Still on the floor, I bent my neck to properly observe Shawn who was almost bursting out in laughter at my awkward position.

"You're a walking pig." I muttered as I checked what had made me lose balance. It was a dumbbell. Seriously?

Shawn stood up from his bed and came over to help me. "Why are you friends with me then?" He stretched out his hand to me.

Grinning, I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the floor beside me. He groaned when his face connected with the floor.

"Ouch!" He cried out.

While he struggled to get off the floor, I straddled him and placed a leg of his pair of black socks over his nose.

Shawn made a disapproving sound. "Jeez! Hazel, get that thing away from me."

I let out a wild laugh as Shawn tossed the sock away. He grabbed my waist and pulled me down till I was resting on his chest and my face was parallel with his.

His eyes widened and mine did too at our compromising position. My hands were on the floor at both sides of his frame and if I just moved my face a little bit, our lips would be touching. Shawn didn't bother to push me off him like he would whenever we were play fighting, so I didn't make an effort too. Instead my heart started thumping insanely against my chest as one of his hands left my waist and came up to touch my face which heated up at the electrifying contact.

We broke off immediately at the sound of Shawn's mother's voice at the door.

"Are you guys okay in there?" She asked.

Shawn moved back to his bed and sat on it. I could see confusion filling his eyes. "Yeah we are!" We yelled out.

The sound of Mrs Stuart's receding footsteps jolted my attention back to Shawn who was typing away on his phone like nothing had happened. He only looked up when he felt me staring down at him.

He started walking towards the door. "Let's go down for lunch."

I nodded like a meek lamb. On a normal day, we would have argued about going down for lunch or who to get past his door first. But today, I just let him off. As he slammed the door, I stared back at the mess of clothes and noticed how much alike they were with my life now. What have I gotten myself into.

At lunch, Shawn and I stayed on different sides of the table without even uttering a word to each other. This came as a surprise to both his parents because like I informed, Shawn and I were never quiet, like never ever. Allie, his younger sister sat next to her mom, minding her own business.

Mr. Sebastian Stuart cleared his throat and I raised my eyes to him. "So, Hazel, how are your parents doing? It's been awhile since we met up with them?"