24: You Manage To Drive One Crazy.

'You Manage To Drive One Crazy'

I GROANED AGAIN, clenching and unclenching my fist. Sitting in a tight space with my handsome ex-boss frightened me. Even though I knew he wouldn't try anything funny on me, I could not help being apprehensive.

"Are you OK?" He asked, this time all I could sense in his voice was genuine concern.

"Oh yeah, can't you see? I'm in a party, having a good time." I replied sarcastically in a bid to discourage him from asking me questions, but my answer pushed him to the edge.

"Stop answering me in that manner, I deserve respect from you." He barked.

Still the egoistic idiot.

"Why? are you my boss?" I taunted and he pursed his lips.

"Or perhaps, your girlfriend?" I stressed the last word. He flinched and glared at me, but made no attempt to protest.

"Since I'm none of those, what makes you think I'll do what you say?"

"Just shut up." He snapped, fixing his eyes on me.

Grumpy much?

"Just stop this, Florence."

"Stop what?" I stared at my temporarily useless phone in my hand.

"This act." He loosened his tie and I gulped .

"You just manage to get on my nerves every time" I rolled my eyes at his statement and continued fiddling with my phone.

"I think that statement should be directed at you, you manage to drive one crazy. " I spoke and slapped my hands over my mouth as the meaning of what I uttered sank into my brain.

"I see." He grinned mischievously at me, stroking his chin with his eyes fixed on me.

"Look, I'm tired of arguing, its exhausting." I fake-yawned, pretending not to be affected by his eyes on me.

He moved towards me, and I pushed myself against the elevator's wall, drawing up my knees further up my chest.

With his eyes locked with mine, he started taking off his jacket, sending chills through my body.

He took off his shoes and lowered himself beside me, my heart began beating super fast and my knees trembled at the touch of his body next. to mine.

What's wrong with you? get a hold of yourself. My inner mind scolded.

"Florence." He called and I turned my face to him. His face screamed 'seriousness'.

"Hmm?" I answered, my eyelids drooping from. exhaustion.

"I'm sorry."

*crash* wait, hold it right there? did the almighty Mr. Philip just say 'I'm sorry?

I whipped my head in his direction and he had a weak smile on his face. My mouth fell open as I searched his eyes for traces of insincerity, I found none. Rather his slightly darkened eyes held genuine repentance.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"I'm dead serious, I'm sorry for treating you poorly, I shouldn't have done the things I did."

While he spoke, inwardly I was battling with my thoughts.

Why is he apologizing now? did he break up. with Maya? Or he wants me to go back to Nicholas Corporation? even if a gun was held to my forehead, I'm not going back there, OK now that's over dramatic. Or he's jealous seeing me with Peter? Aha! that must be it. He's jealous!