24:

I do not like plane rides at all. Even with my AirPods stuck in, I couldn't wave off the discomfort rising in my stomach.

Meanwhile, Xavier sitting across me looks like he's having the time of his life. Headphones, music, eyes closed, curly black hair shielding most part of his face.

Even at that, he has a smirk on his face.

"Take a picture, I won't sue."

Scrunching up my nose, I scoff. "I'll pass."

He cracks open a eye. His left one, the multi-coloured one. "You look ready to pass out."

"I don't like flying." I look around, the couple of people seated in the first class part of the plane are relaxed, most even sleeping.

Xavier pushes his headphones down to rest around his neck. "Let's play twenty questions then." He suggests.

"Fine. No stupid questions are allowed though."

"Agreed. What are your major turn-offs?" He starts.

"Pride, chewing with your mouth open, tight spaces, tiny holes, dog-eared books, e. t. c. What about you?"

He stretches his legs. "Loud people, foul language, indecent dressing."

Good to know.

"Foul language? You look like the type to swear a lot." I note.

Xavier nods. "Don't judge a book by its cover, Hazel. Any allergies?"

"Pollen grain, onions, peas, curry... there are about twenty of them."

His jaws drop open and I try not to focus on his appealing lips for too long. "That's a lot of things."

"And another thing I'm allergic to, is bullshit. "

That sends him into a laughing fit and I join him.

Fifteen questions later, my eyelids could barely stay open and I surrendered to a deep sleep.

Next time I wake up, it's to the pilot's voice announcing that we had landed in Canberra, Australia.

The walk from the plane to the main airport terminal takes about twenty minutes. And waiting for our bags takes an extra fifteen.

By the time we're done, Xavier leads me outside to a waiting luxury car with tinted glasses. He puts our bags in the trunk and as soon as we settle in, the female chauffeur steers out of the airport.

"You must be Hazel." She says, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I offer a polite smile. "Hazel. That's me. And you are..."

"Diana. Xavier's personal driver and best friend." She explains.

Shocked, I glance at Xavier for confirmation but he only rolls his eyes.

"Yes, he can be a tool and a jerk some times, so you better watch out." Diana jokes.

Now that I look, I identify her youthful features. Vivid red hair in a bun, mesmerising eyes the colour of maple syrup and an oval brown  face dotted with freckles, graced with full glossy lips and a pinched nose.

"This is your first time in Australia right?" Diana questions me.

I nod, staring outside at the unfamiliar environment. "Yep."

My phone dings with notifications and messages yet unopened.

"Once you're rested, I could take you on a small tour."

As I would notice, Diana love a good chat. Never a quiet moment with her.

"Better keep her away from the giant spiders and kangaroos." Xavier adds, checking on my horrified expression.