12: Family of Elephants

~Outlaws-Alessia Cara~
*
*
*

'Family Of Elephants'

*
*
*

"THIS VACATION'S GONNA suck."

"Are you sure about that?" Charlie demanded while we hauled some bags into the cars parked in front of my parent's house. One of the cars, a mini van was Shawn's dad's and the other was my dad's.

I nodded and shut the boot of my dad's car. "Of course I am. You guys would end up annoying me especially-"

Charlie grinned. "But you love us anyway."

A smile lit my face. I didn't argue. Yeah, I loved my friends more than I liked apples.

Shawn, Gemma and Chad filed out of the house bearing their luggage and laughing at some funny stuff Chad said. Even Levi was there, can you imagine?

He said he got dragged into the whole thing. I could tell Levi was still warming up to having us as friends but then, it was really strange the way he'd disappear and reappear after a couple of days.

Me, Allie, Levi, Shawn and Gemma chose to ride in dad's car, Winston, Charlie and Chad with Mr Stuart.

Mom hurried out of the house with a black purse after the seating arrangements were made. She climbed in the car and pressed a chaste kiss on his lips.

"Get a room, you two." Shawn said, much to the hearing of my dad.

Dad inserted the key in the ignition switch. "You realize you're in my car, I could just kick you out."

I liked the way the two males interacted even if they weren't the same age. I was used to their normal banter but Gemma and Levi weren't based on their surprised faces. They probably haven't seen a dad who chatted with a high-schooler like it was nothing.

"How did you convince your parents your parents to let you come along?" I asked Gemma. She was re-tying the red bandana on her head.

"We lied."

"Gem." I protested.

She rolled her eyes and stole her phone back from my fingers. "Save your lecture for later, I'm busy."

I laughed, trying to reach her phone. "Use your own phone."

"I've probably seen everything in it over a million times."

Gemma plugged her earphones in and blocked her ears. "I can't hear you..."

This was her trying to be vexatious.

"I don't like Justin Bieber." I blurted out, hoping she heard it. Justin Bieber was her full time crush and she was ready to get into a fight for him.

"What!" She screeched. Levi and Shawn turned their heads to look at us for a brief moment. Even Allie stared at her noisiness.

"I thought you said you can't hear me."

I grinned when her eyes widened in realization of the prank I pulled.

"You idiot." She smacked my arm and tossed her phone over to me. "Just don't go snooping around, you just might find something...peculiar."

Smirking, I flung her a look. "Porn?"

Her face reddened from pure discomfort. "Hell no, I don't watch that stuff... it's... weird?"

I laughed at the humorous expression on her face and played Jewel Saga on her phone. Gemma kept annoying me by poking her fingers at the screen every minute, showing me what moves to make in the game.