25: Deeper in love

"WHAT?" I ASKED in a shaky voice.

"I'm not telling you yet, just come out." He let out a chuckle and I looked down at him where he was grinning like a Cheshire cat .

I slowly made my way out of my room and out of the house. I didn't encounter Tamara on my way out so I assumed she was in her room.

As soon as I got outside the house, Peter hung up and pocketed his phone, he held his car's door open for me and I slid inside.

Before he started the car, he turned to me. "Trust me."

I nodded even if though I still had questions in my mind. Peter leaned in my direction and a placed a light, reassuring kiss on my lips. With this, I relaxed as he drove off.

He parked at the roadside and faced me with a sober look.

"I'm sorry for dragging you out like that" He apologized.

"But I literally got kicked out of my house because of you."

I gaped at him, how did I come into his being kicked out of his house?

"My parents saw the pictures taken by the paparazzi yesterday. My mom strictly asked me to bring you home to them. She locked me out of my house and-"

I cut his speech short by laughing hysterically, he sulked as I continued laughing, imagining how possible it was for a grown up man to be kicked out from his house by his mother.

I coughed and held my stomach in between laughing.

"What's funny?" He asked, pretending to be angry.

"It's...It's nothing. I'm just imagining the way you were thrown out. Where you dragged out..." I continued laughing but stopped laughing when I felt Peter's hand on my thighs, he stroked it in gentle motions. My eyes stared down at his hand on my thigh.

"I knew that was the only way I could shut you up." He waggled his brows at me, grinning like a devil.

"Jerk." I smacked his hand away.

When we finally arrived at his parent's house, I was awestruck by the magnificence of their house. It was as large as a palace, everything about the house spoke of immense wealth.

I stared at the sculptures that lined the path where Peter drove through, and the trees that stood in between the sculptures. Then, my eyes lingered on a few people tending to some plants a little distance away from the trees.

"It's beautiful." I admired, looking out the window.

"Yes, it is. Wait until you meet my mom, she'll want to give a a tour around and go on and on about her flowers." Peter mumbled, making me chuckle at the expression on his face.

He parked his car close to a huge sculpture of a man and we got off the car.

A maid walked up to him with a smile.

"Good morning sir." She curtsied and gave me a welcoming smile.

"Yes, Magdalene." He acknowledged her with a nod and took my hand in his.

"Your parents are expecting y-"

Before she could finished speaking, an excited voice called out from behind us.

"Pete dear!"

Peter rolled his eyes and we both turned to see his mother rushing to meet us.

She looked me over and nodded in approval .

"You're the lady who has captured my son's heart." She smiled heartily at me and swept me up in an embrace

"What's your name sweetie?" she asked.

"Florence." I replied and she gasped in surprise.

"Oh my! That's a very beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

My cheeks heated up as she hugged me again. Peter sighed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry for any inconvenience my son might have caused."

"Mom, it's not my fault. Remember you chased me out this morning-" Peter complained and his mother slapped the back of his head, which shut him up completely. I snickered as he rubbed his head, scowling.

Obviously he wasn't pleased at being smacked on the head like a little boy.

"As I was saying, I just wanted to see you. ome on in, you're joining us for breakfast." She held my wrist and pulled me into the house. Peter trailed behind us, mumbling something to himself.

"Peter, will you stop mumbling!" His mom chided him and he pouted.

I admired Peter's close relationship with his mother. The mother and child bond between them was so strong.

This made me if it was possible to fall deeper in love with him.

I admired the interior design of the house. There were paintings enclosed in large frames on the wall. I gawked at the beautiful paintings regardless of the people beside me.

"My husband is a very artistic man." Peter's mom commented.

"If you're in love with paintings like he is, I think you'll be best of friends." s
She said with a laugh and Peter stepped beside me, interlocking our fingers.

"Call me Adeline" She patted my back affectionately and I nodded.

"Peter, show her around while I get your dad from his studio." She walked briskly away.

I looked at her retreating figure in adoration. I was afraid of her not finding me up to her expectations, but it turned out to be the reverse.

As Peter led me around the large house, I internally rejoiced that Adeline found me worthy of her son. I couldn't help but hope Peter's dad would see me in the same light.

🚩🚩🚩
Thanks for reading this chapter.

See you in the next page.

Vote, comment and share!