18: School Again

Hey...

Uh, you guys should hold your torches and pitch forks. I can explain my disappearance from the face of Wattpad.

So, I became an adult and life happened. That plus I'm teaching at a high school.
Gah! Those kids make me want to pull out my hair. *sighs*

Well, I can't say I have a steady update schedule but I'll try to drop a couple of chapters...

Lol.

Thank you for the over 700K reads!!! Wow. I'm super excited   😁

💭💭💭

Not everyone was glad that schools had reopened, but I kind of missed it all: the lab pranks, the teachers, the cat fights,  the most essential members of the ecosystem, the nerds and the invisibles, where me and my friends fall under.

I thought about Levi and what's going to happen now. It was kind of disappointing that he would repay my kindness with this.

Life is freaking unfair.

He and his friends are murderers. Victoria didn't have to die. If it weren't for him, she would still be alive. Somehow, she had been a bitch to me, but still...

After Todd drops me off, I mingled with the rest of the students jostling for entrance into the school building.

"Hello dear friend!" Gemma bumped into me somewhere close to the Administration Office where we had to collect our new class schedules. There's a long queue in front of the half cut window where a busty red-haired lady was handing out papers.

"I'm so glad to see you in this hell house." I messed with her hair and we laughed, joining the line.

Shortly, we got our schedules and we compared both of them.

GEMMA:
MONDAY
FIRST PERIOD: SPANISH
SECOND PERIOD: AP PHYSICS
THIRD PERIOD: ENGLISH
RECESS
FOURTH PERIOD: GYM
FIFTH PERIOD: CREATIVE ART
SIXTH PERIOD: -

HAZEL:
MONDAY:
FIRST PERIOD: CHEMISTRY
SECOND PERIOD: BIOLOGY
THIRD PERIOD: HOME MANAGEMENT.
RECESS
FOURTH PERIOD: HISTORY
FIFTH PERIOD: COMPUTER
SIXTH PERIOD: GYM

"Hey!" I protested. "How come you get sixth period free and I don't."

Gemma did her happy dance, fists pumped in the air and wriggling her waist this way and that, she blew a raspberry at me.

Scowling, I wiped her saliva with the back of my hand. "Nasty."

She tucked her schedule into her bag and I did too, then she seized my hand. "Let's locate our lockers."

We find that our lockers are side by side and Gemma squeals, throwing her hand around me. "We're locker partners! Finally!"

"Gemma. Come on." I pleaded, trying to ignore the stares aimed at us.

Mind your businesses.

The rest of our squad arrived and seized us in a group hug which I slid out off.

Charlie pouted. "Come on Hazel, hug."

"I'll like my internal organs to be fine, thank you." I ducked, avoiding Chad's hand reaching out to grab me.

Winston and Gemma talked about whatever and I engaged Chad. "How are you two?"

Chad sighed. "We're really good. No fights yet."

"And no sex-" Charlie got whacked on his head simultaneously. "-ow! You guys."

I smiled, patting Charlie's cheeks. "Are you expecting any fights?" My eyes went back to Chad.