39: Threats of a Mirror

💭💭💭

"If I should ask, what were you doing at the orphanage? I don't count you as that kind of person." I demanded while securing myself with the seatbelt in Philip's sleek car.

After we left the orphanage, he offered to drop me off at my house, I reluctantly agreed, only because I would have no other ride home if I rejected his offer.

"I've been visiting there for awhile." he replied casually.

"How long is awhile?"

His eyebrows were knitted tightly.

"Seven years."

I gasped. I could never have believed if someone else had told me this, but with this coming out from his own mouth, I definitely believed him.

"You don't seem to believe me." His eyes fixed on me for some seconds before he shifted his gaze back to the road.

"I...I believe you... it's just that..."

"I don't look like that kind of person." He completed my statement and I nodded slowly. A little smile played on his lips. I tapped my fingers on my thighs as I looked out the window.

"There are a lot of things about me that you have no idea about."

A sad smile appeared on his face, the kind of smile that the children at the orphanage possessed.

What was it that I didn't know about? Other than him being a jerk to me and others, was there another side of him I haven't seen?

"There are several sides to different people, we just don't notice because we don't want to."

"That or we just don't want to know  their other sides because you know, first impression counts." I was indirectly directing my statement at him, fortunately, he didn't seem to catch on, or pretended not to.

"I know first impression matters, but don't you think it's a little bit overrated?"

I glanced at him, he had his eyes fixed on the road before us. I seized the opportunity to study his perfectly structured face.

What's so overrated about first impression?

My phone beeped, rescuing me from an avalanche of thoughts.

Tamara
📥📥📥
Hey sis, where are you? I just got home now.

📤📤📤
I went somewhere..

📥📥📥
😈😈 With our dear boyfriend?

Did I forget to mention that I hadn't told Tamara about my break up with Peter, though it wasn't official, but the break up took place internally. She would freak out, not to talk about when I tell her I caught him kissing someone else who happens to be his brother's girlfriend, she'll go gaga.

📤📤📤
No, not with him...

📥📥📥
😠😠Don't tell me that you're cheating on him already!

I sighed and Philip gave me a look.

📤📤📤
😑There's no way that'll happen.

📥📥📥
If you say so, by the way, while you're at it, stop by the Mart and get me some toiletries, I forgot my supplies were exhausted... Please..

I rolled my eyes.

📤📤📤
Fine,  so long as you keep your hands away from mine.