24: Peppered Kisses

'Peppered Kisses'

"How was your day baby?" Philip asked me.

We were lying on in the room he occupied whenever he visits his parents. He says he'd take me to his own house and I looked forward to see the type of house he lives in. It'd be large, no doubt.

"I'm just having a little headache." I laid my head against his chest.

"Have you taken Aspirin or something?"

"No."

"I have some tablets somewhere."

I perceived he'd like to get off the bed so I pushed myself away from him. And as I correctly predicted, he placed a kiss on the my forehead and got off his king-sized bed.

As my boyfriend began fumbling through some drawers, I looked around his room.

His room was so wide, exceeding mine in width. Underneath every other object in the room was a black rug contrasting vibrantly against the white drawers, white walls, white wardrobe and white doors.

After taking a picture on my phone, I admired the design of his room and reminded myself to ask him later about the designs

"Here you go." Philip appeared beside me with a glass cup half- filled with water in his right hand and some pills in his left.

I sat up right and downed the water and drugs in one gulp, taking the stress of holding back my breath so that I would not get the taste of Aspirin imprinted in my memory.

"I take the pill first."

I glanced up in confusion and saw Philip watching me with tenderness.

"What?"

He took the glass cup from me set it on the small drawer beside his bed.

"I take the pills first before water." Philip replied and laid back on the bed with his fingers locked behind his head.

I gagged. "I would never do that. I hate the taste of pills."

Philip smiled, pulling at the ropes of my heart. He started saying something but I was so focused on watching his eyes and his lips that his words became drowned in the air."

"...Florence." He called and I shook my head.

"I was paying attention." I spoke trying to hide my distracted state.

My boyfriend watched me in disbelief. "If you were, tell me the last words I uttered."

I racked my brain trying to figure out what he was saying earlier.

"You said dogs are cute?" I grinned at him, propping my body up with my elbow.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes at me. "No, that's not what I said. You weren't paying attention, instead you were staring at me. Can you tell me why."