28: "Eww! Now I Have to Pick Another Car"

“Eww! Now I have to pick another car.”

°
°
°

THE WEEK PASSED smoothly for me. Going to school, learning, returning home and etc.

I had planned to sleep in on Saturday but somehow, I found myself waking up at some minutes after midnight.

“Oh no.”I groan, checking the time on my phone.

Why would I wake up by this ungodly hour.

After using the toilet, I slip on my pajamas pants before going down to the kitchen.

All lights are off, but I make out a figure seated on the island.

I approach cautiously. “Who's there?”

“You should be asleep.” Tony raises his head. I barely see his eyes because it's completly dark in here. The only light filtering in through the window is from the security lights outside.

“I needed a glass of water. Why are you seating there like a creepy killer?”

Coming in here, I didn't imagine running into anyone. Tony in particular because he was always the first to wake up.

However, he's behaving rather oddly. I notice his shoulders trembling. “Hey, are you okay?”

I reach out to touch his forehead. It's freaking hot like a pan on fire.

“You're burning up.”

Frantic, I run to where the napkins are and grab one of them. After holding it under the sensor tap, I press it on Tony's forehead. He hisses but his hand shoots up to put the napkin in place.

“Let me call someone.”

Xavier's room is directly opposite mine and I've never had a reason to be in it until now. It's a little dark but I can make out his features.

He's sleeping peacefully in his bed, letting out soft snores which I almost laugh at.

“Xavier.” I whisper, shaking his arm.

He opens his eyes, blinking multiple times.“Mmmh?”

“Tony's burning up. He's in the kitchen and I don't know what else to do.”

That seems to trigger something because Xavier was rushing out of the room before I could realise. He almost knocked me down in his haste.

What is going on?

I head outside, barely making out a set of bouncy red curls disappearing down the stairs.

There's no time to process anything because soon, Diana's driving off with Xavier and Tony in the back seat.

I watch them from the balcony, a hundred percent confused.

“Meow.”Desdemona pushes between my legs and goes to rest on a bouncy chair.

What?

Peeling my eyes away from the cat, I find a nice chair to cushion my back and soon, sleep catches up with me.

I must have slept for a long time because my cheeks are warm and when I open my eyes, the early mrning sun stares right at me and Xavier's sitting in the left hand corner, gently stroking his cat with a hand and the other on his mobile phone.

“I didn't want to bother you.”He states, gazing in my direction.

“How's Tony?”Sitting up is a little tricky because of the kink in my neck.